The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

canon TS-E 17

wayne_s

Kit,

I use the 14-24G with Mark's adapter on 1ds3 and still enjoy that great lens.
I posted some crops above comparing the Nikon and the new 17 at 17 at f8-f9 and I was surprised how equal they were to me. I am sure the Nikon is better at wider apertures as the Canon 17 needs about f7.1 to get sharp enough in the corners. Still quite an improvement on their old TS-E 24mk1 like you mention and the 17 is quite an accomplishment for Canon I think.
Canon doesn't recommend using a TC on the 17 in the 17 lens manual but obviously designed it so it could. When using the 17 + TC, the camera still records the focal length as 17 and the lowest f-stop of 3.5 still shows up in the display instead of adding the extra stop.

Andrew Gough

This one was a dud in colour, so its now BW :D

Three images 10deg shift left-center-right stitched using hugin.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Cool perspective and framing for sure. Would like to understand better why you think the color sucked?

Andrew Gough

Hi Jack,

The highlight areas were slightly blown, once I pulled them back down in lightroom the image simply seemed dull, so I left them up and went with a BW conversion.

Note: I have since created a solution to attach my lee grads to this lens, which should allow me to solve the problem.