The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Costa Rica advice?

bradhusick

I am thinking of taking my wife and boys to Costa Rica in Feb. Any advice on places to stay, visit, etc? We like to be pampered but see beautiful things. Our idea of "roughing it" is room service that stops at midnight. ;)

Thanks.
-Brad

stephengilbert

There's this place: http://www.paradisebreezes.com/

I haven't been there, but it's recommended by someone I trust (even though he's a part owner). I don't know that it's someplace to take kids unless they're naturalists, but looking at the website ought to make you feel good. It's 87 degrees right now, and partly cloudy.

Scargos2

Out side of San Jose is the Bougainville Hotel , Great place first class and not too $$. You will love it

Lisa

If you stay near Monteverde, avoid the "Villa Verde" hotel like the plague. Worst place I've ever stayed.

Lisa

D

Devon Shaw

Tortuguero National Park is a really amazing place to stay. Definitely the most memorable part of my trip to Costa Rica. It can only be accessed by boat or plane. We got there on a river boat.
When I was there I saw sea turtles, monkeys, crocodiles, and all sorts of birds. There are jaguars there as well but i didn't catch any of those.