The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any comments on Slovenia?

Lisa

I'm spending about a week vacationing in Slovenia this May, and am thinking about exactly where to go there. I definitely want to see some of the caves in the Karst region, but does anyone here have any other suggestions?

Lisa

M

Marmil33

Definitely go to Lake Bled: Julian Alps, monastery (monk who is a winemaker), boat rides, dessert (kremsnita)!
Also Llubjana: farmers market, coffee shop near the main church, river and bridges, shops along a pedestrian area (Slovenian crystal).
A very interesting and beautiful area!

Lisa

Thanks, Marmil, but you're a little late! I went to Slovenia about a year ago (my original post date was February of last year), and enjoyed it a great deal. I ended up seeing caves, Lake Bled, hikes in the Julian Alps, and a few castles and historic small towns.

Pictures here, if you're interested:
Lisa's Travel Photos: Western Europe
(Scroll about 80% of the way down, look for "Slovenia".)

A lovely and pleasant country to visit!

Lisa

sangio

Hi Lisa:

I always enjoy looking at your images.

We also travelled to Croatia/Slovenia in September 2011 and enjoyed it immensely. Plitvice Lakes, the Soca river valley, and Lake Bled were three of our favorite places.

Did you get to Ljubljana? The old center is now pedestrian only, it's a wonderful place.

regards
Santo

Lisa

Hello Santo -
No, we didn't get to Ljubljana. We would have had to omit something else from the trip, and we're more outdoorsy people than city people, so that was the thing we decided to omit. We'll probably get back one of these days...
We saw Plitvice Lakes on an earlier trip to just Croatia, and it was gorgeous...

Thanks for commenting that you enjoy my photos! It's nice to hear that someone is enjoying them...

Lisa

sangio

Hi Lisa:

We prefer the countryside as well, but after 16 days on the road, we decided to spend the last two days of our trip relaxing in Ljubljana. We had to skip the Karst region though, so we'll have to go back again....

I haven't been posting many images online, but here's one from Ljubljana at night..... It really is a very pleasant city.

regards
Santo