The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your top 3 travel destinations?

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
So as to not hijack the Patagonia thread, and at Jack's recommendation, this is a new thread.

What are your top 3 travel destinations?

My are:
1.) Thailand / New Zealand (tied for first)
2.) Australia / Tanzania (tied for second).
3.) Palau / Cyprus (tied for third).

Honorable mentions:
Egypt, Jordan, Tibet

FWIW:
The sum of all the countries listed above is just under 20% of my travel.

Lisa

OK, to repeat and summarize what I said in the Patagonia thread:
#1. Switzerland
#2,3,4. Three-way tie between New Zealand, Turkey, and Rome (which are hard to compare since they're quite different)

Lisa

ChrisDauer

Workshop Member
The United States.

The European Union

The Pacific Rim.
:thumbs:
:ROTFL: I was trying to go for Pacific Rim w/o being so unspecific! :p

So Maggie,

Can I entice you to maybe list a state/country or two you're particularly fond of in each of your above descriptions? :D

In any case, I'd like to revise my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices.

1.) Northern Hemisphere.
2.) Southern Hemisphere.
3.) Milky Way Galaxy.

Technically, w/ #3 I've only gotten to one tiny little planet and then only as far away as a mere 11.4 miles above it's surface. But I hear the rest of the galaxy is quiet lovely and I look forward to the first opportunity I have to visit it (and yes Lars, I heard lighting can be rather a PITA; so pick your locations with care.) :cool:

Lars

Chris, sounds like a good sensor like the D3 is a must where you are going, the thing is you'll have to shoot handheld in space, nowhere to put the tripod. ;)

Maggie O

Ain't I a stinka?

Top three? Man, that's tough. I adore London, Paris and Stockholm for foreign cities. In the US, I would go with San Francisco bay area, the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota and Ontario, and the Sonoran Desert in Arizona.