The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fall colors near Orange County, NY

ymc226

Now that the kids are older and are less inclined to having their pictures taken.

I live in Central New Jersey now but remember living for a few months near Tuxedo Park, NY and driving up the NY State Thruway up near Liberty.

The colors as you came down elevation were spectacular that one Fall I experienced.

I think it's too late for this year but I finally got a D800 and a set of LEE filters (ND grad, hood) and want to be ready for next year.

Are there any spots one would recommend without too much hiking that would provide wonderful vistas? I'd be willing to drive up to 2 hours as it would be a day trip only.

It doesn't need to be NY only; can anyone recommend other locations with rock or water formations and fall foliage for a day trip in NJ or PA?