Site Sponsors

Thread: Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Death Valley

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Death Valley

Hello and happy new year to all! Coming from Switzerland and traveling around from San Francisco down to San Diego. Now we are in Tucson. We leave Tucson on Wednesday the 2. and should arrive in Las Vegas on 4. or 5. january (for 3 or 2 nights). Now we have the idea because the weather is so nice to visit the grand canyon and if possible also the monument valley.
    Any ideas where to drive for the ideal route (I hope the streets are open)? Where to sleep? I know, the time is short but for a impression...
    We leave Las Vegas on Monday the 7. (because the prices are much higher then before) and will traveling trough the Death Valley to Palm Springs, Los Angeles (we fly back on January the 13.). Would it be nice to have a night in the Valley? Where? I found the Stovepipe Wells Village. Will this the place to be?
    Thanks a lot for any ideas, tips! Rem

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Death Valley

Death Valley lodging can be found here: Death Valley Hotels & Lodging | Death Valley National Park | US Park Lodging

The Furnace Creek Inn is very nice, but expensive. The Furnace Creek Ranch is much more reasonably priced.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like Stove Pipe Wells. I did like Furnace Creek Ranch. The trick here is that you can go to the Furnace Creek Resort Inn for breakfast to warm up (after photographing at sunrise) where you'll find fresh ground French Roast coffee and raw sugar....

ken

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Stephengilbert and Ken! I will write you how we made it. This night we are sleeping in the Monument Valley. We arrived a little bit late and we will made the trail tomorrow morning and driving then to Las Vegas. Thanks, Rem ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

So, after a wonderfull Trip with a Lot of impressions and tousends of Pictures, yesterday evening was our Car broken up and the hole Hasselblad, Nikon and Mac stuff Stolen. This Happen in a parking in Santa Monica. We are really sad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rem View Post
    So, after a wonderfull Trip with a Lot of impressions and tousends of Pictures, yesterday evening was our Car broken up and the hole Hasselblad, Nikon and Mac stuff Stolen. This Happen in a parking in Santa Monica. We are really sad!
    Oh NO!
    I am very sorry to hear that.
    What about the images?
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, that's the worst, I have really only the few pics I postet on my Facebook Site. All the nearly 6000 Pics are on the 2 Macbooks... To bad, but I'm looking forward lg rem

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever recover any of your gear?