The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Utah state parks

miska

Hi,
I am heading to Salt Lake City at the end of the week. Now, it looks like the National parks I was planning to visit (Bryce Canyon, Zion) might be closed due to the federal government closure.
So any ideas for alternatives ? State parks, other monuments not affected ?
I will have a car so driving some hours is possible...

Thanks for your suggestions !

I was just in Salt Lake and the aspens were just starting to turn in East Canyon. It's within easy reach of the city and the road has some nice views of the mountains.

Good luck!

Cheers,

fotophil

Dead Horse State Park is near Moab is a great location - it is located on a road that branches off the main highway to Canyonlands

miska

Hi,
So far, I have been to:
- Dead Horse Point state park. Spectacular
- Goblin Valley State park. Also very nice.
I'll try also Coral Pink Sand state park.
I went also to Colorado (Aspen, Telluride), because a friendly photographer participating to a workshop (never seen as many MFDBs in one day :) ) in Dead Horse SP said that the aspens had nice colors there. Indeed ! Also did a nice hike in Maroon Bells (near Aspen). Although that park was closed to the the gov shutdown, I manage to do a 2+2 hours hike to the bells. Spectacular (although the light was not good, because I got there mid-day).
Thanks for the suggestions !