Site Sponsors

Thread: Havana

Larky

Havana

Hello.

I'm off to Havana in March and wondered about film. I'll be taking my GX-100, probably set to B&W high ISO, manual everything. I'll also be taking the Olympus SP35, and was thinking about taking Reala. I want something I can process in Havana, something with good colour, something that will be fine to scan with and play with in Lightzone.

Just wondered what your thoughts were. The 7 Day Shop has a great deal on 2007 Reala, which I'm sure is fine, so thought it would be perfect. Any ideas would be great.

Take care.

A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Havana

We were in Cuba last spring, and had a couple of days in Havanna. There are almost no shops -- one of the kids's luggage got lost in transit, and we couldn't buy any clothes for him, nor could we get any of the contact lens solutions.

I only shoot digital now, so I didn't look for any photo processing labs. I'm sure there are some, but I wonder about the quality. OTOH, the Cubans are very friendly and masters of improvisation, so it can probably be done.

Regards

Bertie

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Havana

I have not been in Cuba for about 10 years, but back then, they X-Rayed everything coming IN as well as going out... If I were to go back today, I would probably sick to digital.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."