The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My trips are planned for the year!

atanabe

I will be traveling around the world this year, will be seeing some new areas and revisiting favorites. This summer on to Fiji to explore some new reefs. In the fall I will be going to Dubai, Bangkok, Bhutan and Tokyo, starting in San Francisco and circling the world.

Any must sees in Dubai? Will only be laying over for a day. Also if anyone has suggestions on Bhutan, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Any must sees in Dubai? Will only be laying over for a day. Also if anyone has suggestions on Bhutan, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
The only thing I find find worthwhile photographing in Dubai is contemporary architecture. There's a lot of it around. Transportation takes time though, particularly if you don't know he city. I would start at the area around Burj Khalifa and work my way outwards from there. The last time I was in Dubai, I stayed at XVA Art Hotel. It's built in traditional Arabic style and is actually pretty cool. Good Arabic food too, and there are several small museums etc. in the area.

atanabe

The only thing I find find worthwhile photographing in Dubai is contemporary architecture. There's a lot of it around. Transportation takes time though, particularly if you don't know he city. I would start at the area around Burj Khalifa and work my way outwards from there. The last time I was in Dubai, I stayed at XVA Art Hotel. It's built in traditional Arabic style and is actually pretty cool. Good Arabic food too, and there are several small museums etc. in the area.
Thanks Jorgen, I will only be there for a layover and plan to seek out the modern architecture, the Burj is one that I feel is a must see. I will be in Bangkok for a day and then off to Bhutan.