Site Sponsors

Thread: Photos from Patagonia posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Photos from Patagonia posted

For anyone who's interested, I posted some photos from my recent trip to Patagonia in my Gallery here on GetDPI.

It's an absolutely stunning place for outdoor scenery, especially mountains and glaciars (and the occasional penguin colony!).

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Photos from Patagonia posted

Hi Lisa:

Busy Monday here at my office, so I only had time for a quick glance. I'm impressed by what I saw and will be returning for a more relaxed study as soon as time permits --- kudos on the portfolio
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Lisa,

I enjoyed all the photos in your gallery. I'm planning a winter trip to Yosemite next month and hope to have something to post.

Two of my partners recently came back from Patagonia and loved it there, although it looked pretty cold and windy to me!

Thanks for letting me see your pictures,

steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by scatesmd View Post
    Hi Lisa,

I enjoyed all the photos in your gallery. I'm planning a winter trip to Yosemite next month and hope to have something to post.

Two of my partners recently came back from Patagonia and loved it there, although it looked pretty cold and windy to me!

Thanks for letting me see your pictures,

steve
    Quite off thread but every time I see your address I can smell the wonderful garlic as I would go from my home in Half Moon Bay to our resort home in Indian Wells, CA. I would go through Gilroy off the 101 and for 20 miles have the smells in my nostrils. Loved it when I lived there and can't wait to get back. My whole family supports the wonder of it all.

With you in spirit

Woody Spedden

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    Quite off thread but every time I see your address I can smell the wonderful garlic as I would go from my home in Half Moon Bay to our resort home in Indian Wells, CA. I would go through Gilroy off the 101 and for 20 miles have the smells in my nostrils. Loved it when I lived there and can't wait to get back. My whole family supports the wonder of it all.

With you in spirit

Woody Spedden
    Hi Woody,

I spent a wonderful vacation in Colorado, incl. Durango and in Yellowstone. I feel the need to get back there and add some pictures to my own gallery!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Any condors? I saw quite a few near Chalten. Once a young condor landed 30 meters from the trail (of course I only brought he view camera that day so no pics).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Lars -
    I saw a condors on a number of occasions in both parks, but they were either too far away for good photography or, when they were close (like on the road feasting on road kill, in one case!), I didn't have a camera ready. Impressive birds.

Lisa

P.S. to Steve - Yeah, Patagonia *was* cold and very, very windy! Not a place to go for sunbathing, unless you like severe windburn. But it was well worth it...