The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Southern Utah

tylerallenmohr

I'm driving out to the Southwest USA and spending 10 days across several national parks. Photographically speaking, there's an abundance of places that seem incredible but I think I need to consolidate my itinerary. Can anyone offer some advice on MUST visit destinations in parks such as: Bryce, Zion, Canyonlands, Arches, and others in the area?

I'll be camping mostly in the actual parks. The car will be with me but I'm willing to hike as needed to get the shots. I'm planning for some long exposures at sunrise/sunset.

Don Libby

I'd include the Navajo Park, Monument Valley, as well as Valley of the Gods which is between Mexican Hat and Bluff UT. Valley of the Gods is BLM land and has abundant place to camp and is also a great place for both sunrise and sunset and if conditions permit dark sky photography.

Don