The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Downtown Phoenix

Shashin

I am going to be downtown Phoenix for the week. Any suggestions for places to eat? Or how to stay cool?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes - stay indoors. I was there last week and it was 109F. Crack the windows of the car if you have to leave it outside as I swear that my rental was 120F+ when I returned to it after meeting my client.

If there's ever a place to shoot IR Phoenix/Scottsdale is it!

Shashin

Graham, thanks. So far, the weather is on my side, 95F and dry. I hope it lasts through tomorrow morning as that is the only time I need to be out and about in the sun. Fortunately, I don't have a car. It looks like most cars here are hybrid: part car, part grill.

I just got here this afternoon. I took a little walk around downtown Phoenix. It is rather rough at the edges, but in the center there are some remarkable examples of architecture, particularly Art Deco and 50s/60s International style. Also plenty of places to eat, when they are open. I think Sunday is not the night most folks take to hit the town.