The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lake Como

Seascape

Re: Canon Travel Kit

Overlooking Lake Como from a Castle at Varenna, Oct. 2008.......highly recommended destination.

David K.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

It was a hazy day when I was there in June of 2005, and not all that great photographically. But I could see the potential and for sure want to get back and do it proper justice:

ftbt

Here is quick shot from our upstairs patio taken this morning to clear the card before I re-formatted. Taken with a 5DMKII-w-a Zeiss ZF 28/2.0

Lake Como & Bellagio:

ftbt

A couple of them are. These aren't.

Just some hydrangeas in the garden taken a few days ago-w-the 5D and the Zeiss 28/2.0:

And this is a 5 exposure pano taken a couple days ago looking down from our upstairs balcony to our front yard and the roof tops of Griante and Bellagio:

ftbt

Here is one from this morning (7/28) from the side of our house looking north up the Lake towards Menaggio. A 10 exposure pano:

ftbt

It was a little hazy yesterday, but here is a shot from the top of the Lake at Olgiasca looking south towards Como:

ftbt

In Varenna (with Bellagio in the background) waiting for the car-ferry back to Menaggio:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

I ought to move the Lake Como segment of this thread to the Destinations and hotspots forum.
-bob

Last edited:

kweide

Bob, next Friday i am on my way to Sicily... and i will travel thru a lot of most beautiful landscapes God made..... We go by car. Let us see what the sensor can catch. Lake Como is terrific...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Feel free! I'd move the entire thread and rename it slightly though...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Sicily, good memories and better Greek ruins than in Greece.
I took asked Cynthia if she would come with me to Italy on our first date.
We started in Rome, and were engaged in Taormina.
Yesterday was our fifth anniversary.
-bob

Last edited:

ftbt

July 4th: Court yard of the Nino Negri winery in Chuiro, Valtellina (near the Italian/Swiss/Austrian border:

And ... the wine is VERY GOOD!