The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lake Como

Clawery

I'd love to attend this trip. I have family in both Switzerland and Italy.

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

ftbt

Am I getting a commission on this gig??

Just kidding. Here is a storm brewing over the Lake:

And this is what Varenna looked like this afternoon:

ftbt

Time for something a little different.

The interior of the Cappella San Rocco in Porlezza on Lake Lugano near the Swiss border (taken in near total darkness without flash):

And just one of the many ceiling panels in the chapel:

And finally, the iron fence to the boat house at Casa Ecco (Villa Moresi) just down the road from us (owned by Mrs. Heinz of the Heinz ketchup family):

beamon

Interest brewing here, too! Heck, we went to Japan 2.5 years ago on a similar whim with a bunch of fountain pen enthusiasts.

On that one, a travel agent in LA that does, exclusively, trips to and from Japan and the US was engaged and did a bang-up job of arranging at good rates.

ftbt

Here is one from July 7th. taken in a small village in the mountains above Santa Maria Rezzonico, looking down at Lake Como, the tip of Bellagio and Lake Lecco. It was taken just seconds before a massive hail storm.

steflaurent974

A workshop in Lake Como woulb a great idea ; european forum members would certainly join you for a great Getdpi meeting in such a beautiful place.

:thumbs:

Stephane

ftbt

Just down the road from us in Tremezzo is the Villa Carlotta. It is a world famous botanical garden consisting of a stately villa built by the Marquis Clerici in the 18th. century and acres of gardens overlooking the Lake. Here are some isolated shots taken last week with the Zeiss 35-70. Unfortunately, I can't show you any of the interior of the villa because photography is not allowed inside.

A small fountain in front of the villa:

A portion of the front stairway:

This was taken in a small shed that contained a collection of gardening tools:

Just a pot with some flowers:

And a final flower:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Canon Travel Kit

I am serious. Guy and I need to talk, and will pull you into the loop, but maybe we can work this into next year's schedule -- Spring in Italy anyone?
Bud you don't even have to talk to me, book it Danno I am all over it. Ask a Italian kid from Jersey if he wants to go to the homeland and if he says no just shoot him on the spot he ain't worth being on this planet.

beamon

Has anyone been keeping count of those expressing interest? Seems like quite a few, so far. If no one has, I'll go back and do a rough count.

The pictures posted sure do look inviting. :)

beamon

Has anyone been keeping count of those expressing interest? Seems like quite a few, so far. If no one has, I'll go back and do a rough count.
Ok, no one did, so I rummaged through the thread, thus far, and came up with the following that have indicated interest:

1. Bob & Cynthia
2. Ralph Eisenberg
3. Jack Flesher
4. Robert Campbell
5. Dale Allyn
6. TEPnewyork
7. woodyspedden
8. hellenhill
9. Chris Lawery
10. Jono Slack
11. Roger & Helen
12. steflaurent974
13. Joseph Ramos
14. Guy Mancuso

It would be safe to assume that many of the above would bring spouses, significant others, friends, etc. Is this enough to make serious work to this end worthwhile?

More may chime in, and many will doubtless not be able to make it, but it's a good start!

Last edited by a moderator:

beamon

Cynthia will come for sure.
-bob
As will my Helen, so "beamon" becomes Roger & Helen Beamon. Too late for me to insert that in my post above, but you can, Bob.

Speaking of editing, is there a reason that our editing time is so short on this board? Many boards allow one to edit their own posts for what seems like forever.