The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lake Como

ftbt

Just a quick shot out the back door of our house at Lake Como looking across the meadow:

(5DMkII-w-C/Y Zeiss 35-70/3.4)

Godfrey

My gosh, this brings back memories! In '96, I took eight-weeks sabbatical, splitting time between Amsterdam, the UK and Italy. I trained from Amsterdam to Milano, took a car and visited friends in Viareggio for a few days, then attended the 75th Raduno at Moto Guzzi's headquarters in Mandello del Lario on Lake Como.

A beautiful area indeed! I'd love to go back there again on a photo trip. The Moto Guzzi factory itself would be a great subject for a photo study, there's a lot of history there.

Paris ... Eh, be nice, but I'd rather spend more time in Italy. I've been to Paris too many times. ;-)

princepollux

Re: Carenna

Lake Como can be expensive ... but it doesn't have to be. Certainly no more expensive than Milan. Actually, the further you go north up the Lake, (away from the city of Como), the more "affordable" it becomes ... especially if you stay on the eastern side of the Lake.
ftbt,

I couldn't find any hotels on the east shore of the lake, north of Varenna. Ideally, I'd like to find a simple room in Varenna or nearby. Do you know of any "pensione" in the vicinity?