The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Greetings from Iceland

Terry

Thought I would post a few from today while I've got an internet connection. all with A900 and 24-70 also giving the cube its first field workout and loving it.

First two shots were in a very cool area where the North American and Eurasian plates split apart and it is a rift. The valley is slowly sinking but the rock is just split in these straight lines and forms these tall walls. Also the area where the first parliament was in about 900AD

the blue skies didn't exactly hold as we got closer to the coast but we have 9 more days to catch some good weather :D

Along the south coast

finally first waterfall shot - I did manage to find someone to give you a sense of scale :p

helenhill

Shots 3 & 4 are EXQUISITE...

Besides taking your Course
will YOU have an Opportunity to meet up w/ Stuart

Well have a Grand Old Time...:)
Best to YOU - H

Terry

Whoops...sorry about the dust spot. Hard to see in Lightroom on a small screen as the image here is posted bigger than what I'm working with.

Terry

Got a note that the last batch was dark. Did some monitor adjustments and this should fix it.

Godfrey

Lovely stuff, Terry!

... Hmm. I see a green tinge when I look in the mirror... ];-)

Have a great time!

jonoslack

Lovely stuff, Terry!

... Hmm. I see a green tinge when I look in the mirror... ];-)

Have a great time!
Hi Godfrey
dunno about tinge, I just looked in the mirror and grass is the colour that springs to mind :)

P.S. Terry - say hello to my sister if you see an elegant grey haired lady hanging over the edge of a cliff taking pictures of puffins.

Don Libby

Terry,
Been meaning to tell you that I like the way the first waterfall looked better than the second lighter on. Maybe if I hadn't seen the 1st it'd be different however I just like the look and feel of the first.

Any more to share?

don

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Any more to share?
Yes, we are waiting for images. 4:00PM in NY now - 8:00PM in Iceland and sunset is at 11:06 PM this evening so still 3 hrs away and she is probably waiting for a sunset shoot! I guess we will have to be patient. :)

Terry

Terry,
Been meaning to tell you that I like the way the first waterfall looked better than the second lighter on. Maybe if I hadn't seen the 1st it'd be different however I just like the look and feel of the first.

Any more to share?

don
Thanks Don,
I'm on my little laptop and the brightness was cranked all the way by accident. When I get home I'm going to go back through all the files. We just got in from a great but incredibly long day in the highlands. Downloading more now!

Terry

OK a few from today with minimal processing (too tired). The neon greens are correct. This is a special plant that grows here and it does look neon!

The Panny 7-14 for micro 4/3 rocks! These three shots. All from flat on the ground!

Still playing with different versions of the first shot

Don Libby

Horses, waterfalls and idyllic landscapes what more could you ask for.

Okay it cooled down to 100 today in Tucson but I didn't think it got cold enough for snow!

Keep having fun!

Don