The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Travel to Tokyo in mid September(used camera shop suggestions)

J

jzm11960

Hallo there,my wife and I will be first time visitors to Japan mid September I would like to visit some used camera shops in Tokyo and Kyoto to look for Konica RF gear,any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

Regards John

FromJapan

I've not dealt with them, but Map Camera and Fujiya are well-known. Most large camera stores like Yodobashi also sell used cameras, though I've never seen Konica RF there. If you're in Osaka, Tokiwa Camera in Nipponbashi is the place. Teshima-san speaks English, and tell him I sent you!

Kumar

J

jzm11960

Thank you both for your replies,found information useful.

fultonpics

ShiroKuro

that is a great list...i probably have been to half of the list in Tokyo. amazing places to find used Leica, Nikon and just about whatever you need. then there is always a stop to pay homage to the great Yodobashi (and get the battery changed in my Seiko watch while i check out the upper camera floors).

H

HensyJoHun

Help for translation.

I'm reading many of Your posts here. Unfortunately I can only read (and write) english with a translator. Do You plan to ad an automatic translation to the forum?

H

HensyJoHun

Translator

Thanks to who messaged me with the suggestion of google translator. It definately works better ;-)

S

sa.camera

I checked out Fujiya last November. Really good prices if you know exactly what you're looking for. Saw a Leica M6 in good condition for $880 USD (compared to the avg price of $1300 USD on Ebay/KEH).

2 things to be aware of:
1. Fujiya is 2 small stores located near each other. I think it was segmented by gear (medium format & leica in one store, canon/nikon in the other).
2. Fujiya is out of the way. Most of Tokyo's famous camera stores are either walking distance to each other or a few subway stops away. Fujiya is in the NW area of Tokyo, quite far from the other stores.