The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Point Lobos in October

spotmeter

I am planning my annual trip to Point Lobos for two weeks in October and am wondering if anyone can recommend some places for landscape photography in the area, other than the state park itself.

As an aside, I drop in to Camera West on each visit to admire their new and used gear and ask them if they have a photographer's guide to the area. They always reply 'That's a great idea--we should do that' but it has not materialized so far.

spotmeter

How far up and down the coast do you normal go?
I don't normally travel up and down the coast. In the past, I've spent all my time at Point Lobos and Pacific Grove. This year I would like to do some travel and see what's in the surrounding area. Any suggestions would be welcome.