The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujifilm X-100 testimonies surfacing

Godfrey

Looking good.
Let's see how long it takes for Adobe and Apple to support the raw format. :)

Time to get my ebay sales things moving...

If I wasn't already cemented in my purchase decision (I was), those Spanish images put me over the top. Should have one waiting for me here in Austin on day one!

barjohn

This camera with prerelease firmware seem capable of producing really outstanding images.

Here is a before and after minor tweaking in LR:

E

ebrandon

I think your post processing shows that the default settings for the jpg rendering has very little sharpening and low contrast (on preproduction cameras anyway), much like an "undeveloped" raw.

Clearly, with some good post processing the X100 will produce some gorgeous,sharp, images. Especially from raw.

J

jorgeAD

" Clearly, with some good post processing - EVEN ISO 6400 JPGS FROM - the X100 will produce some gorgeous, sharp, images. "

And that is indeed raising the bar for semi-compact cameras...

:salute:

J

jorgeAD

Hugo Poon had a shot at the X100 beta in Hong Kong. He is well known among the Fuji community for some great night cityscapes and street photography. Apparently he was "highly impressed by this engineering sample" even considering it to "replace his existing S5 Pro + 35mm f1.8 combo when final X-100 debuts"

"He thought he would use the EVF more, but end up using OVF more. Not much to complain about the high ISO performance and lens sharpness."

Some nice shots (again sadly not full size and not from a final X100).. but we are getting there :cool: :

http://www.pbase.com/hpicckcy/fujifilm_x100

I particularly liked the iso 3200 macro shot of the chinese revolution figurines...

jonoslack

I think your post processing shows that the default settings for the jpg rendering has very little sharpening and low contrast (on preproduction cameras anyway), much like an "undeveloped" raw.
Either that or rather a heavy AA filter - it'll be interesting to see.

barjohn

I didn't apply much sharpening and i did apply some noise reduction. The big change was + .75 exposure (it is under exposed). I also added a small amount of curve to bring up contrast a little.

jonoslack

I didn't apply much sharpening and i did apply some noise reduction. The big change was + .75 exposure (it is under exposed). I also added a small amount of curve to bring up contrast a little.
Hi there
Actually, with respect to the AA filter, I was thinking about the sailing boats, not the high ISO shot (which seems excellent to me).

barjohn

Here is an example with no sharpening and no noise reduction. Just exposure and curve. You can see the settings. This is at 100%.

scho

I'd like to see some high ISO shots without flash. All of the ones above were shot with flash on.

barjohn

I believe from other posts I have read that the flash was not on and it is just an error in the EXIF data due to pre beta software. Every single picture showed flash on, even those taken in bright daylight.

scho

I believe from other posts I have read that the flash was not on and it is just an error in the EXIF data due to pre beta software. Every single picture showed flash on, even those taken in bright daylight.
Thanks John. That seems like a reasonable explanation. I couldn't imagine why they would want to shoot everything with flash. The 6400 shots are quite impressive.