The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fujifilm X-100 testimonies surfacing

J

jorgeAD

Re: X100 Depth of Field

Clear out: put out of focus sufficiently so stuff cant be recognized. Thats my definition I am sure you got a couple of your own. So even if the X100 23mm lens wont clear out close background clutter it can still provide nice out of focus foreground as the above linked samples prove, or even far away background as previous official sample shots have already proven. :sleep006:

Terry

Re: X100 Depth of Field

Clear out: put out of focus sufficiently so stuff cant be recognized. Thats my definition I am sure you got a couple of your own. So even if the X100 23mm lens wont clear out close background clutter it can still provide nice out of focus foreground as the above linked samples prove, or even far away background as previous official sample shots have already proven. :sleep006:
And that is what I meant by my post when I said clean up....It doesn't need to be completely cleared out.

m3photo

Re: Fujifilm X-100 Varieties

OK, thank you Fuji. I'll have your X-100 with the fixed 35mm equivalent lens and I'll also purchase an X-105 which will be exactly the same camera but this time with a fixed 105mm equivalent lens. Methinks with these two I won't be needing much else. :)

Terry

Yes, it appears that the first deliveries in Japan started yesterday (depending on your time zone).

paparazzi666

And why not? I love the ability to shoot without flash and have minimal noise. All DSLR size sensors seem to do a fine job now when there's lots of light.
The Fuji x100 built in flash is so good you might want to reconsider using flash just to exploit its capabilities.

Here's one taken with flash at iso3200...amazing.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paparazzi666/5699384502/in/photostream

There are more pics taken at iso3200 in my stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paparazzi666/