The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 arrived today

T

terryc

I had ordered an X100 far enough back I can't remember exactly when that was - it arrived today. My favorite dealer was excluded from the first round shipments to Canadian stores but was included in this round.

It arrived with the new firmware loaded and having read all the positive comments along with all the negative comments I wasn't quite sure what to expect. So far I am impressed and thanks to the early owner/commentators I have an idea what to expect with various identified so called glitches. None of which to this point are a significant problem for me.

The hunt begins for a the lens hood and adapter. I wish Fuji would have included the hood/adapter in the box.

I am hoping the weekend weather will allow for some serious time out doors.

Cheers, Terry

Terry

Enjoy it Terry....Canada has their second batch and US is finally getting their first batch. It should be a "prolific" weekend.

T

terryc

Thanks Terry, I once heard that B&H sells more of any given major camera product then the whole of Canadian dealers :). I theorize that Fuji wanted to have built enough X100s to fulfill the needs of the US dealers - likely a smart move on their part. Of course the horrible and tragic earth quake in Japan has certainly slowed things down. The fact that cameras are still coming is tribute to the resilience of the Japanese people.

I am amazed at how good the X100 feels and operates - I say that without really getting out and using it but that will happen today and this weekend as we are promised some good weather on the 'wet' coast. Of course I am a bit tired this morning as I was up early watching the Wedding :D so I might be a slower than I want to be.

I really like the OVF/EVF and LCD and there are a couple of other ingenious features that I really am going to enjoy.

As I mentioned I am on the hunt for the hood and adapter - they might be hard to get locally, but I have asked my dealer to see what they can do. I got a big smile and a our Fuji rep just changed so don't expect this to happen quickly.

Cheers, Terry

Have a great weekend Terry.

barjohn

Just received my US version X100. The exposure issue is GONE! I conducted controlled light testing and it is spot on and stays there. Additionally, focusing distance is not much better and repeats exactly where before it varied slightly after ver 1.01. This camera show the same software version (1.01). In a quick test, it appears that the bright light shutter delay is almost totally gone but I need more controlled testing to be sure. Another change is the detent action on the exposure compensation dial is much firmer on the newer camera. It would be much harder to accidentally change it.