The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

Rich M

Love this too Rich
wonderful
Thanks Jono......I'll say what I said on another thread...

I do not believe that shot would have been possible with any camera other than the X100. In the shooter's hands it is unassuming and non-threatening. The image capture is AMAZINGLY sharp corner to corner and the RAW file gives you so much to work with.......and oh, where are the blown highlights and unrecoverable shadow details?

An amazing camera......R

jonoslack

Thanks Jono......I'll say what I said on another thread...

I do not believe that shot would have been possible with any camera other than the X100. In the shooter's hands it is unassuming and non-threatening. The image capture is AMAZINGLY sharp corner to corner and the RAW file gives you so much to work with.......and oh, where are the blown highlights and unrecoverable shadow details?

An amazing camera......R
Well, mine really does seem to have gone, and I would have thought that shot could have been nicely managed with an M9 and 35 -

Having said that I'm very well aware of the sterling qualities of the camera and it's files . . .and in this case of the photographer as well!

all the best

jonoslack

Gone...like no more.....adios.....ciao.....bye-bye? :(
Yes - the opportunity came, and it'd been sitting on my desk for a few days. Delicious object, but it fell between too many stools.

Basically, it isn't enough smaller than an M9 with a 35 summicron to make up for the difference in image quality, and after all that practice I can focus my M9 faster than the autofocus on the X100 . . . which only leaves (for me) 'cute', which isn't enough to keep being used

scho

Yes - the opportunity came, and it'd been sitting on my desk for a few days. Delicious object, but it fell between too many stools.

Basically, it isn't enough smaller than an M9 with a 35 summicron to make up for the difference in image quality, and after all that practice I can focus my M9 faster than the autofocus on the X100 . . . which only leaves (for me) 'cute', which isn't enough to keep being used
Perfectly rational decision Jono. If I had an M9 and if my eyes were still good enough to focus it :cool: then I wouldn't have need for an X100 either. We will miss viewing your lovely X100 images, but please come visit occasionally to keep us in line.

Best regards,
Carl

scho

When I was at my camera dealer yesterday, I walked my usual way to the parking space and recognised this entrance. I walk that way at least twice a week and never noticed this pretty "interesting" design (at least I won't paint my house that way :D )
Love the door shot OlliL. Unique design and good reflection catch.
An afternoon walk through the park...

R
Rich,
Nice demo of the X100 DR capability and excellent B&W processing.

scho

We are still experiencing unsettled weather and hovering near flood stage so boating is restricted and the canal locks are closed to navigation.

barjohn

Rich,

Where did they find the mermaid? Did they set her free and let her go back? Just wondering.

Jono, sad to hear you sold yours as I really enjoy your images.

carl, nice image. Gorge must have been dark, but looks well exposed.
millsart, glad you can pull detail from the shadows.
ollil, cool green door, fun reflection.
rich, super images, was the ocean shot a trash the dress shoot?
carl, wow, what dynamic range in the sky.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well, mine really does seem to have gone, and I would have thought that shot could have been nicely managed with an M9 and 35 -

Having said that I'm very well aware of the sterling qualities of the camera and it's files . . .and in this case of the photographer as well!

all the best
Great decision!

Too many cameras are also not good. I resisted at least so far to get one!

Enjoy the M9

Finished a shoot and had put all my gear away.
The client wanted a group shot for fun and luckily I had my x100.
Cool to have a small quality camera for these kinds of shots.

Rich M

Rich,
Where did they find the mermaid? Did they set her free and let her go back? Just wondering.
John,

They did.....she's back in the ocean......at least that's the story in my head. :loco:

R

Carl.....nice B+W....clouds are great, full of menace/potential.

Joe....nice shot of the bell tower background.

OlliL

Sho: Awsome B/W really dramatique!
Joe: Nice shot and pure envy for the great weather. ;)

Was at my Grandma's 86th birthday yesterday and grapped a shot of her, talking to my father.

Grandma von oliverleschke auf Flickr