Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 943

Thread: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

  1. #101
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Nice shots Jono, John and Rich. Quite a hair stylist, party and trail. Reminds me of a joke ...
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  2. #102
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Shot a ballet recital yesterday.
    Only took a few images with the fuji.
    Here is one worth sharing.
    Amazing little camera.
    f/2 iso 1600 1/400 sec

    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Hey Joe, nice shot.
    Can you provide a 100% Crop of the girl on the left, in the front row?
    From the picture it already looms pretty impressive.
    My Flickr

  4. #104
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,496
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Smoking Camera View Post
    Ok, last of my photos to get this Fuji X100 party started.
    OOC jpegs converted to B&W.
    f/2 iso 3200.



    Sorry, for being the turd in the punchbowl at your party ... but most of the pics in this thread look like a small sensor camera to me ... to much lacking in some way or another ... or overworked to compensate.

    BUT, I have to admit this one (and a few other B&Ws) looks pretty decent ... given the ISO and wide open aperture. Just takes time to figure it all out I guess.

    -Marc

    TRUTH or ?

  5. #105
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by OlliL View Post
    Hey Joe, nice shot.
    Can you provide a 100% Crop of the girl on the left, in the front row?
    From the picture it already looms pretty impressive.
    Thanks,
    Here is the 100% crop per your request.
    iso 1600, no noise filtering.

    Last edited by The Smoking Camera; 15th May 2011 at 22:02.
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  6. #106
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Sorry, for being the turd in the punchbowl at your party ... but most of the pics in this thread look like a small sensor camera to me ... to much lacking in some way or another ... or overworked to compensate.

    BUT, I have to admit this one (and a few other B&Ws) looks pretty decent ... given the ISO and wide open aperture. Just takes time to figure it all out I guess.

    -Marc

    TRUTH or ?
    HI Marc
    I hope you're well.
    What a delightful expression! (must remember it).

    I think the in camera jpg is a dangerous lure - at first it seems like a very attractive proposition - as time goes on one realises that it's a cheap thrill, and perhaps contributes to your impression of it being like a compact.

    As you say, it takes a while to figure it out - and this camera might be renamed the Donald Rumsfeld camera - there are so many known unknowns.
    Shooting RAW makes things easier.

    Tim Ashley said that he felt it was like an M8 with a respectable lens - and I think that sums it up nicely. It's a bit more versatile, in that the high ISO is better and the close up shots are decent as well (once you figure out how to use it, and how to stop swearing when the macro mode switches itself off).

    But the IQ is really not like a compact - very sharp, right to the corners, no smudgy detail, and if you keep the aperture wide it has nice bokeh (one of the traps is that, because of the leaf shutter I guess, the camera will often give you a very small aperture in bright light). The ND filter is a really useful and important addition (unlike the film types and HDR features).

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  7. #107
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    The ND filter really came into it's own here. Shooting at f2 in this light with a max shutter speed of 1/1000!

    Anyway, I think it works (still look like a compact Marc?)


    Just this guy you know
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Wasn't as productive, as I would have liked to, but here are two from today.

    My GF's brother with harsh light from the right.

    Fuji X100 Sunday post von oliverleschke auf Flickr
    My Flickr

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    And out of my cars window.


    Fuji X100 Sunday post von oliverleschke auf Flickr

    Had AE set to f2. Good sharpness nevertheless.
    My Flickr

  10. #110
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    The ND filter really came into it's own here. Shooting at f2 in this light with a max shutter speed of 1/1000!

    Anyway, I think it works (still look like a compact Marc?)

    Jono, this is spectacular....Marc, not sure why you feel that most shots here lack that DOF and look like point and shoots. I see many here of the opposite constitution, but maybe that's just me
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  11. #111
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Here's what I mean...couldn't have been taken with a compact:



    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  12. #112
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    The ND filter really came into it's own here. Shooting at f2 in this light with a max shutter speed of 1/1000!

    Anyway, I think it works (still look like a compact Marc?)

    Very lovely.
    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com

  13. #113
    Contributing Editor ustein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....



    Uwe Steinmueller
    -------------------

    Editor&Owner of Digital Outback Photo
    http://www.outbackphoto.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #114
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI and Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    8,496
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    44

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    The ND filter really came into it's own here. Shooting at f2 in this light with a max shutter speed of 1/1000!

    Anyway, I think it works (still look like a compact Marc?)

    I didn't mean like a P&S ... also didn't mean to get anyone's dander up.

    I guess I don't like the look ... so far. This one looks soft everywhere, nothing pops ... like a diffusing filter was on it.

    I better shut up now ...

    -Marc

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    777
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Just a couple of 'nothing special' first attempts:



    and



    Lee

  16. #116
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    I didn't mean like a P&S ... also didn't mean to get anyone's dander up.

    I guess I don't like the look ... so far. This one looks soft everywhere, nothing pops ... like a diffusing filter was on it.

    I better shut up now ...

    -Marc
    No dander around here - I'm deeply ambivalent (if that's the right word). Only thing I'm sure of is that my dander is definitely down

    Opinions always gratefully received (well Marc, yours are at least )

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  17. #117
    Senior Member barjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Galveston, TX
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    171

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Since photographs are a personal taste thing, it helps to have a reference point as to what you like so that one can interpret your critique in light of your personal preferences. In looking at your photographs, you appear to prefer the grainy look with high contrast B&W. Even your color shots appear to have strong contrast. Personally, I don't like the grainy look as it appears to be a contrived look to match some older master photographer's look. I believe, they obtained that look because it was the best their equipment and film was capable of producing and that had they had modern equipment the look would have been different but that is just my guess. Of course, high contrast and more vivid colors along with shallow DOF tend to give images more "pop" on a screen as we used to see in Kodachrome projected form a slide projector. Also, if you are using an M8 or M9 with its poor high ISO performance you are somewhat forced to go for the grainy B&W look as the color noise is horribly blotchy. I suspect the image you cited was soft for two reasons, some veiling flare and slightly our of focus but maybe that is the look he wanted.
    V/r John

  18. #118
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Backstage at a recital rehearsal.
    f2 iso 1600

    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  19. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Great stuff, everyone. I just received my X100 and will try to post something soon.

    One question...are you folks using the auto dynamic range or setting it for each shot?

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnack View Post
    Great stuff, everyone. I just received my X100 and will try to post something soon.

    One question...are you folks using the auto dynamic range or setting it for each shot?
    I put mine on AUTO for both dynamic range and for ISO.

    Seems to work OK.

    R

  21. #121
    Senior Member barjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Galveston, TX
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    171

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    DR does not work the way you think it might. In order to obtain 200% you must shoot at ISO 400 or higher and to get 400% you must shoot at ISO 800 or higher. If you are going to use auto ISO it will select a higher ISO so don't be surprised when you see the shot taken at ISO 800 even though there was plenty of light.
    V/r John
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    DR does not work the way you think it might. In order to obtain 200% you must shoot at ISO 400 or higher and to get 400% you must shoot at ISO 800 or higher. If you are going to use auto ISO it will select a higher ISO so don't be surprised when you see the shot taken at ISO 800 even though there was plenty of light.

    How about when you only have the Auto D-range on and select the ISO manually?

  23. #123
    Senior Member barjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Galveston, TX
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    171

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    If I remember correctly you will only get 100% unless you manually select a higher ISO.
    V/r John

  24. #124
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Warming up before the recital.
    f/2 iso 2500 1/140 sec.
    Straight OOC jpg - Provia setting.

    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  25. #125
    Member Armanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    @Lee - You got a X100 too? Awesome!
    Armanius
    My Flickr

  26. #126
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    Since photographs are a personal taste thing, it helps to have a reference point as to what you like so that one can interpret your critique in light of your personal preferences. In looking at your photographs, you appear to prefer the grainy look with high contrast B&W. Even your color shots appear to have strong contrast. Personally, I don't like the grainy look as it appears to be a contrived look to match some older master photographer's look. I believe, they obtained that look because it was the best their equipment and film was capable of producing and that had they had modern equipment the look would have been different but that is just my guess. Of course, high contrast and more vivid colors along with shallow DOF tend to give images more "pop" on a screen as we used to see in Kodachrome projected form a slide projector. Also, if you are using an M8 or M9 with its poor high ISO performance you are somewhat forced to go for the grainy B&W look as the color noise is horribly blotchy. I suspect the image you cited was soft for two reasons, some veiling flare and slightly our of focus but maybe that is the look he wanted.
    HI John
    it was taken at f2 - directly away from the sun, no flare, whether veiling or otherwise. the focus point is slightly behind the perfect position (perfection is tricky at f2, 10cm on a windy day), but it's perfectly sharp where it's in focus - and yes, it was the look I wanted, one doesn't shoot at f2 on a bright sunny day by mistake!

    I can quite understand Marc's point of view that he doesn't like the look - it's a bit odd, and these oddities are a matter of taste - no need to misrepresent/misinterpret Marc's spectacularly good photography to find a reason for his opinion.

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  27. #127
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Ashwin & Uwe
    Thanks for the kind words about my rape shot!


    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    Here's what I mean...couldn't have been taken with a compact:

    Aswin - this is a great shot - love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ustein View Post

    Uwe - both fine shots, but I especially like the fisher boat. I must do some black and white soon - just been trying to get to grips with the camera first.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Smoking Camera View Post
    Backstage at a recital rehearsal.
    f2 iso 1600

    Joe - this one is definitely smokin - wonderful shot.

    Just this guy you know

  28. #128
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Hi There
    With respect to DR and it's implications

    Quote Originally Posted by jsnack View Post
    Great stuff, everyone. I just received my X100 and will try to post something soon.

    One question...are you folks using the auto dynamic range or setting it for each shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    DR does not work the way you think it might. In order to obtain 200% you must shoot at ISO 400 or higher and to get 400% you must shoot at ISO 800 or higher. If you are going to use auto ISO it will select a higher ISO so don't be surprised when you see the shot taken at ISO 800 even though there was plenty of light.
    John is the expert on the foibles of the camera (he's had it longest and put in lots of valuable effort). As he points out, you must either set the ISO high, or put it on Auto to take advantage of DR.

    I started thinking that the jpgs were so good, that I'd really shoot only jpg, but after doing some comparisons I came to the conclusion that everything the jpg did you could do with the RAW files afterwards . . . . but of course, once you've shot jpg you're locked in. I put something about it in another post

    JPG or RAW?

    Of course, you can shoot jpg+RAW, or you can shoot RAW and press the RAW button to get a jpg in the circumstances where you might like to take advantage of the DR setting.

    But - and here seems to me to be the problem (shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong John). IF you have set auto iso + auto DR, and EVEN if you are only shooting RAW, then the ISO will jump about in the way required to produce the DR jpg shot. This means that you can find yourself shooting at ISO 800 in perfectly good light, which does, of course, have an impact on the quality of the RAW file.

    My personal feeling is that the safest way to shoot with the camera is to set the jpg settings to standard, turn off DR and shoot only RAW files. There are so many complications involved with the settings, which certainly do not always do what you expect, that this way of working, although less adventurous, seems to be the safest

    Other Opinions Welcome!

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  29. #129
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Just a couple of 'nothing special' first attempts:



    Lee
    HI Lee
    Looks like you're having fun!
    I like this one - looks like it's been raining with you too - it's making our grass very happy!

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  30. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    777
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Thanks Jono. Regarding the setting etc, sounds like we could do with starting a FAQ, 'hints and tips' or 'known unknowns' thread, unless anyone knows of one being maintained elsewhere?

    Some of my RAWs were underexposed, I assume because I had the DR thing on 'AUTO'.

    It does seem a great camera though ... I want to get out and play with it but I have to be at work :-(

    Lee

  31. #131
    Member Armanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    JPG, cropped, reduced size, reduced clarity, ISO800, F2 (using auto ISO and auto DR)

    Armanius
    My Flickr

  32. #132
    Senior Member barjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Galveston, TX
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    171

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Jono,

    Like you, I don't use the HDR feature because I want control over what I am getting. It does effect RAW as well as JPGs and the RAWs appear underexposed. It isn't hard to bring them up in LR using the fill slider. If you really want HDR, use the auto bracket exposure setting as at 5fps you will have 3 images that HDR software can combine easily.
    V/r John

  33. #133
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    Jono,

    Like you, I don't use the HDR feature because I want control over what I am getting. It does effect RAW as well as JPGs and the RAWs appear underexposed. It isn't hard to bring them up in LR using the fill slider. If you really want HDR, use the auto bracket exposure setting as at 5fps you will have 3 images that HDR software can combine easily.
    HI John
    Well - I don't actually much like HDR anyway
    Usually, on the very rare occasions when I do want to do it, I do 3 versions in Aperture with different exposure settings and then combine in Photoshop, then you don't get any registration problems.

    But hey - whether or not one wants it isn't quite the point here!

    I must revisit your post about firmware after using the camera for a week.

    My biggest irritation at present is using macro mode - if you then manually review the shot it takes it straight out of macro mode

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  34. #134
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Criss Cross


    Just this guy you know

  35. #135
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1145

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Jono - fastest way to macro mode is to just tap the button twice. Yes, it is annoying that reviewing an image cancels it. Also, in macro mode the manual suggests using f4.

  36. #136
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Cool shots Lee, Armanius and Jono. Look forward to more.
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  37. #137
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Saw a wedding photo shoot in progress in a hotel lobby.
    Took out the fuji and snapped this image.

    f2 iso 800 1/160 sec.
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  38. #138
    Member Armanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Great shot of the wedding photo Joe! Composition works and colors are beautiful!
    Armanius
    My Flickr

  39. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by Armanius View Post
    Great shot of the wedding photo Joe! Composition works and colors are beautiful!


    Absolutely agree!


    may 17th 2011 - Visual Diary von oliverleschke auf Flickr
    My Flickr

  40. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    My Flickr

  41. #141
    Senior Member The Smoking Camera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Ollil, Looks like you and your doggie are having lots of fun with your x100.
    ........................................
    Joe
    www.thesmokingcamera.com

  42. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Yeah!

    (I don't have that much freetime ATM, so my only time for shooting is when I go out for a walk )
    My Flickr

  43. #143
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Absolutely predictable. My new X100 arrives on a gloomy, pouring rain day. Best I could do for first shots was peeking out the door and inside the house in dim light. I already feel bonded with this camera and have no complaints yet. Only first stupid mistake was - Why is the camera making weird noises? Duh - AF switch was set to CF











    Carl
    Gallery

  44. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Absolutely predictable. My new X100 arrives on a gloomy, pouring rain day. Best I could do for first shots was peeking out the door and inside the house in dim light.
    Hey Carl.....ever since you said you ordered one, I've been waiting for your first pics.

    I'm eager to hear your observations as well.

    R

  45. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    2,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Absolutely predictable. My new X100 arrives on a gloomy, pouring rain day. Best I could do for first shots was peeking out the door and inside the house in dim light. I already feel bonded with this camera and have no complaints yet. Only first stupid mistake was - Why is the camera making weird noises? Duh - AF switch was set to CF











    Hey Carl

    Looks like upstate N.Y. weather is about the same as Colorado. Wet and gloomy. Only good news for us is that we have been in a serious drought again. We had forest fires in April! At least the fire danger is under control now.

    Enjoy you X100. I am not yet convinced I need both my K-5 and X100 but I am not going to make any quick decisions. I love the files from the X100.

    Best

    Woody

  46. #146
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    Hey Carl.....ever since you said you ordered one, I've been waiting for your first pics.

    I'm eager to hear your observations as well.

    R
    Hi Rich,

    Not much to offer yet in the way of pics. It is still early times, but so far I am very pleased with the X100 performance and image quality.
    Carl
    Gallery

  47. #147
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by scho View Post
    Hi Rich,

    Not much to offer yet in the way of pics. It is still early times, but so far I am very pleased with the X100 performance and image quality.
    Hi There
    Congratulations from me - good to know that you're enjoying it.

    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  48. #148
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Re: fotografz

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    I can quite understand Marc's point of view that he doesn't like the look - it's a bit odd, and these oddities are a matter of taste - no need to misrepresent/misinterpret Marc's spectacularly good photography to find a reason for his opinion.

    Yikes! No, that's the title of the image I recommend everyone starts off with when appreciating Marc's excellent eye:

    http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/show...r&imageuser=58

    Thanks Jono, it prompted me to visit the man's fine work.

  49. #149
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Re: f/2

    Quote Originally Posted by The Smoking Camera View Post
    Saw a wedding photo shoot in progress in a hotel lobby.
    Took out the fuji and snapped this image.

    f2 iso 800 1/160 sec.
    f/2? Makes one wonder why they bothered with the other apertures on this lens if you get this result and DOF from f/2.

  50. #150
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

    Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    Hey Carl

    Looks like upstate N.Y. weather is about the same as Colorado. Wet and gloomy. Only good news for us is that we have been in a serious drought again. We had forest fires in April! At least the fire danger is under control now.

    Enjoy you X100. I am not yet convinced I need both my K-5 and X100 but I am not going to make any quick decisions. I love the files from the X100.

    Best

    Woody
    Thanks Woody, I'm also uncertain about keeping both the K5 and X100. Both cameras produce beautiful images.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi There
    Congratulations from me - good to know that you're enjoying it.

    all the best
    Thank you Jono. We will miss seeing your excellent work with the X100 in this forum.
    Carl
    Gallery

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •