The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

m3photo

Re: Guy with the camera

Tell'em it's about the guy, with the camera in the background. :p
I wonder what he's pointing at. :D
He must be a professional, he's shooting with an umbrella :eek:

On another note and following up with previous comments, the more I see images done with this camera the more I agree with the "filmlike" results.

scho

Great images everyone. My X100 will arrive next week and I'm looking forward to using it.

Armanius

Finally took a few photos with the X100 that arrived couple of days ago. Despite its quirky menu and interface, I must say -- very good quality IQ!!!

My first test subject is typically my secretary. All my gear gets shipped to work so that I can sign for it, so my secretary is always one of the first test subjects (other than the Seattle's Best cup) for new lenses and cameras.

Here's a pic of her, cropped, and reduced to 1028 pixels. F2.0, ISO 400, shot in RAW and pp in LR3.4. I softened the photo a little bit by turning down the "clarity" slider.

This one was taken this morning after my haircut. She's my hair stylist, and she's great! Photo also cropped, reduced to 1028 pixels, shot in JPG (Velvia) and pp in LR3.4. Other than the crop and reducing the size, I reduced the saturation. F2.8, ISO 500. No sharpening or clarity added.

Here's a 100% crop of her eyes. Very nice and sharp image. Sometimes not so good for portraits if the subject doesn't have good skin. Fortunately, she does!

Last pic is self explanatory!! ISO250, F2.8, JPG. Slightly cropped and then reduced to 1028. Nice and crisp. The auto WB did a great job in replicating the colors.

Overall so far, the Fuji X100 appears to be a keeper. :smile:

Armanius

Great set of images Jono, Rich, Olli, Ashwin, Smoking, and everyone else! Keep them coming!

Olli, that puppy photo is very cute!

Smoking, did that tube dress stay up all the way through the bull ride? :)

OlliL

Thank you and I really like your portraits.
By the way, not a puppy anymore, he turned 3 a few days ago. ;)

jonoslack

Oliver - love the dog shot -
Joe - more magic - I think I like the bucking bronco best
Aswhin - love that last shot of Monica - you do get around!
Armando - that's a cool hair stylist you've got!

Here are a couple of closeups - I'm beginning to get the hang of it!

scho

Finally took a few photos with the X100 that arrived couple of days ago. Despite its quirky menu and interface, I must say -- very good quality IQ!!!

My first test subject is typically my secretary. All my gear gets shipped to work so that I can sign for it, so my secretary is always one of the first test subjects (other than the Seattle's Best cup) for new lenses and cameras.
Overall so far, the Fuji X100 appears to be a keeper. :smile:
Armando,

Very nice portraits of your secretary and hair stylist. X100 seems to be a great people camera.

Here are a couple of closeups - I'm beginning to get the hang of it!
Jono,

Great detail and lighting in these closeups. Your books urgently need a visit to the binder. :shocked:

OlliL

John: Your show, how well the X100 can handle difficult light-situations, really nice and the party looks like a hell lot of fun!
That ice bar looks impressive. :eek:

Rich: Beautiful! :thumbup:

Jono: Great Macro work and I agree with Rich, I like that one the most, too.

Godfrey: Thanks :)

Hope I can contribute later today, again. :D

Paratom

Great images guys!
Makes me want to try the x100.
Seems like a great combination of nice optical viewfinder combined with a nice sensor/thin AA filter/smooth bokeh/good sharpness.
Keep the images coming up! Thanks!

jonoslack

HI There
It seems to me that Armando's hair stylist was at John's party!
(after a bit of a hair colour change of course!)

This one was taken this morning after my haircut. She's my hair stylist, and she's great! Photo also cropped, reduced to 1028 pixels, shot in JPG (Velvia) and pp in LR3.4. Other than the crop and reducing the size, I reduced the saturation. F2.8, ISO 500. No sharpening or clarity added.

In Keeping with the Party Theme...

Great shots guys.

Rich - your trail shot is also splendid :clap::clap: