The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

Terry

Can't really process much right now but I got to my house in AZ last night and my Argentinian Giant plants were all blooming. These blooms only last one day.

Two different plants in very different light.

jonoslack

okay okay okay - it's staying!
You lot are producing great images, and an 8am walk with the dog this morning . . .well, I'm keeping mine!

Hi There . . . well, actually, it was a response from Fuji UK, which was honest and straightforward, combined with an offer from my dealer to have it back . . . and taking a few more snaps:

Terry

Jono - love the pitchers. You have the most wonderful "household goods" coupled with a Houston that seems to always have good light somewhere.

Sapphie

Ollil.....nice B&W's......

Lee.....great ballon pano......looks surreal.

R
Thanks Rich. Wasn't a pano per se but a crop because of an ugly tree shadow. We have had a balloon festival here for two days. Last night I took K5 + 18-135mm and was disappointed by the results - may have been too close but they weren't sharp enough and I was on 1/500th sec ...

This morning, once the cat had acted as my 5.30 am alarm clock and after another hour of self groaning and denial (it's too misty for balloon take offs), 'yowl, get up', 'OK, then', I hot footed taking K5+43 and X100 (lucky me). Loved the X100, viewfinder is wonderful. I did take some K5 shots as well, still trying to decide which 'looked' the best - i think K5 BUT the X100 is one fun camera...

... and it begs to be taken everywhere and I have never had a camera that wanted that until now ... forget the alleged firmware 'issues', once you start using it you will realise that the biggest problem is remembering to take the lens cap off, LOL!

Lee

Last edited:
Rich, nice work with the shallow DOF and the B&W processing.
Ollil, looks like your getting out on the street. Fun stuff.
Jono, nice colors on your nature shots.
Ashwin, your house shots are very cool.
Lee, looks you have mastered your ND filter.
Terry, I'd like to see the entire giant plant.
Dave, nice B&Ws as well.

Sapphie

Rich, John

I've loving these - why is everyone going 'black and white' with the X100? Whatever the reason they look great.

Lee

OlliL

Joe, they are awesome. The third looks very 3D-ish.

Just sitting at the sofa I came up with the idea of checking out the bokeh of the Fujinon lens. While playing around I set the camera to closest focus distance and f2. After a little cropping, I got this:

Dreamy flower von oliverleschke auf Flickr

Reminds me of shooting legacy lenses with my E-P1. :p
The Canon FD 50mm f1.4 looks quite similar wide open.

chiquita

I've only had my Fuji X100 for a couple of weeks but I took it on a recent trip to New York and used just jpeg setting because it was a my back up camera. The truth is that I used it much more than the K5 that I also lugged along! All processing in LR3.4

barjohn

Joe,

I live in a pretty nice area (Southern CA) but I think you have us beat when it comes to great beach scenes. Makes me want to get on a plane and go there. Your "street" is very much to my liking!

Rich M

I've only had my Fuji X100 for a couple of weeks but I took it on a recent trip to New York and used just jpeg setting because it was a my back up camera. The truth is that I used it much more than the K5 that I also lugged along! All processing in LR3.4
Chiquita......very nice those are some very iconic pictures of NY. I especially like the observation deck shot.

R

Joe,

I live in a pretty nice area (Southern CA) but I think you have us beat when it comes to great beach scenes. Makes me want to get on a plane and go there. Your "street" is very much to my liking!
Thanks John.
Hard to beat Hawaii. Definitely fun and a little different doing "street" shooting on the islands. Yep, time to plan that Hawaii vacation.