The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

Can you ship the model here? Overnight please. I'll give you our firm Fed Ex account number!

I haven't been to Hawaii since ... 2003. My only time there. It was an awesome experience.
Might be expensive to ship a gorgeous, tall, leggy Polynesian model.
Not sure if Fedex has the right size box.
2003? Time for another trip to paradise.
I hear airfares are reasonable right now.

Armanius

Might be expensive to ship a gorgeous, tall, leggy Polynesian model.
Not sure if Fedex has the right size box.
2003? Time for another trip to paradise.
I hear airfares are reasonable right now.
The shipping will be one way. No guarantees that I'll ever return the package! Ok, no more kidding about this. Just in case my GF ever decides to get on this forum!

So all kidding aside, that's some awesome photos you are getting from your X100 Joe. Very inspiring, especially the leggy ones ... Oopst, a slip. Urgh.

The shipping will be one way. No guarantees that I'll ever return the package! Ok, no more kidding about this. Just in case my GF ever decides to get on this forum!

So all kidding aside, that's some awesome photos you are getting from your X100 Joe. Very inspiring, especially the leggy ones ... Oopst, a slip. Urgh.
Thanks Armanius. Fun shooting, fun posting, fun responding.

scho

Cascadilla Glen - A pleasant little gorge that runs from the Cornell Campus down into the center of Ithaca.

Unfortunately, if you start from downtown this is what you run into about halfway up.

Don't think I would want to negotiate that crumbling shale along the side of the waterfall.

Rich M

Cascadilla Glen - A pleasant little gorge that runs from the Cornell Campus down into the center of Ithaca.

Don't think I would want to negotiate that crumbling shale along the side of the waterfall.
.......and fall in......that water still looks cold.

Hhhhmmmm......no bodies of disconsolate students. Finals must be over. ;)

Nice pics.....R

scho

.......and fall in......that water still looks cold.

Hhhhmmmm......no bodies of disconsolate students. Finals must be over. ;)

Nice pics.....R
Thanks Rich. Yes, finals over and commencement tomorrow. After a series of gorge suicides last year the city and university installed tall fencing on all of the high gorge bridges. Whether or not the fences are an effective deterrent is still being debated.

Millsart

Nothing to special with this shot, just of some storm clouds through the car windshield on the drive home, however, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the dynamic range of the files. This was shot just in the normal quality jpeg setting (DR 100%) and there really is quite a lot of detail in the shadows you can bring up, in addition to a decent amount of headroom in the highlights.

One of the main reasons I moved away from m4/3 as my compact camera solution was the overall lack of DR, so I'm impressed so far with what the X100 can do, in addition of course of its quite nice high ISO ability.

Millsart

Though I would include the original out of camera file as well so you can see, how even with a basic quality jepg, there is quite a bit of detail you can pull out of the shadows.

Perhaps not quite on par with something like a K5, however for a camera of such a small form factor, I'm pretty pleased. As I said, certainly far more ability to recover detail than my GH1.

OlliL

Thanks for your kind words, everybody! :)

Millsart, I'm impressed how well the detail in the shadows can be improved.
Very nice.

When I was at my camera dealer yesterday, I walked my usual way to the parking space and recognised this entrance. I walk that way at least twice a week and never noticed this pretty "interesting" design (at least I won't paint my house that way :D )

Green | Unintended Self-Portrait von oliverleschke auf Flickr

My X100 needs to be serviced soon, as I discovered a hair (!) in the viewfinder.
Contacted Fuji and they offered to pick it up, when I want them to.
Hope this won't take to long, as my only other camera is my Contax TVS at the moment... And a bunch of assorted film cameras :)

Rich M

When I was at my camera dealer yesterday, I walked my usual way to the parking space and recognised this entrance. I walk that way at least twice a week and never noticed this pretty "interesting" design (at least I won't paint my house that way :D )
Plus it's a nice self-portrait Ollil.....:)

R

OlliL

It is ;)

And yours is a great shot, of a very complex scenery.
Their's a lot to discover, of what's going on in the fore- and background.
I really like that kind of stuff. :)

Rich M

It is ;)

And yours is a great shot, of a very complex scenery.
Their's a lot to discover, of what's going on in the fore- and background.
I really like that kind of stuff. :)
Me too....there's a lot of stories going on......

.....at least in my head :loco:

R