The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

jonoslack

Rich Carl Karl and Peit
Great shots - it almost makes me miss my (now gone)
Like Mark, I found that it didn't fit neatly with the M9, but it's still a lovely camera.

scho

Carl.....thanks for posting these. They are both awesome. The first (with the two falls) just pulls you into the photo. The second has such great corner to corner detail.

Actually, I like both of these better than the original shot you posted of Upper Buttermilk.

I am finding that the X100 is a good choice for landscape photography.....no lens falloff and excellent corner to corner sharpness. Your shots show that.

R
Thanks Rich. I also think the X100 is well suited for landscapes with fine detail, actually resolves as good or better than the K5. I wish that Pentax had used a weaker AA filter in the K5. The fine detail resolution is the only real negative that is holding me back from full support of the K5 (well also had my hopes up for an SD1 at a realistic price:eek: :thumbdown:)
Did a shoot in Waikiki and used the x100.
f/8 iso 200 1/1000 sec.
Built in flash for ever so slight fill.
Excellent image Joe. That little inboard flash is really subtle but very effective.

OlliL

Wonderful pictures everyone!

Had the great opportunity, to watch Roger Waters' The Wall here in Germany.
Managed to get the camera inside and grabbed a few shots.

On Top von oliverleschke auf Flickr

You're sure? Decisions. von oliverleschke auf Flickr

On the way home von oliverleschke auf Flickr

As I was sitting nearly at the top row, these are heavily cropped.

Roger Waters projection von oliverleschke auf Flickr

Roger Waters - The Wall von oliverleschke auf Flickr

Considering I was shooting f2, basically all the time, there is still plenty of detail.

Ollil, very cool shots. The first image gives a sense of anticipation. And the last gives a sense of awe. How was the concert? What was the camera policy?
Piet, I very much enjoy your images.
Carl, thanks, and yes the built in flash is subtle but effective. I also have the ef-20 but have not used it very much except for bouncing.

OlliL

Thanks Joe!
The concert was great, very much like a musical.
Camera policy was, well "No cameras alllowed", but I put it under the "floor" of my small bag and put my mobile, keys and wallet on top. Security didn't notice ;)

Piet: Cool shot, and good offer, too ;)

scho

A few more images from my trip to New York.
The caps inside the Yankee store at iso 2500.
The runner at iso 3200.
Joe,
Love the NYC images. About 5 hours away from my home, but I don't get down there too often.
Wonderful pictures everyone!
Had the great opportunity, to watch Roger Waters' The Wall here in Germany.
Managed to get the camera inside and grabbed a few shots.
Considering I was shooting f2, basically all the time, there is still plenty of detail.
Nice series on the Waters projection event.
A photo from today, a rainy day.
Regards,
Piet
Piet,
Nice moody image. We have had our share of rainy days this year.

scho

A few shots of plants that caught my eye on an afternoon walk in the arboretum today. Used fill flash on the ferns. Texture was emphasized in the last by removing color and enhancing structure in a monochrome conversion.

Last edited:

OlliL

Nice series on the Waters projection event.
Thanks, that describes it very well. :thumbup:
The music is great, but they created so much around it, that it's difficult to appreciate both, when watching.

Here's another one, I really liked.
My images don't do justice.

The Wall von oliverleschke auf Flickr

Carl, from your shots, I like the third best. Really nice procession and great detail.

Rich M

Jeez.....I don't check in for a day and here appear all these wonderful images.

Joe.....nice shot on the breakwall......beautiful work. I haven't used my flash yet.....I'd better learn.

Piet.....nice mood to the picture.

Carl......wonderful....that shot of the variegated hostas is really gorgeous.....and I learned something new.....I want ALL my cameras to have weak AA filters :)

And now, I am going to go :OT: :OT: :OT:

Oliver.....Roger Waters....how wonderful. I flew to Las Vegas in November last to see his show. Pink Floyd was a band I always wanted to see back in the day, and while I have seen lots of good music, I never had the chance.

What an experience....one I'll not soon forget. That night after the concert, I found he was in LA a few nights later. I tried to get tickets (I figured I could drive there pretty easily).....sold out.

I seriously considered travel to Europe this summer just to catch another show. Not in the cards. Anyways, thanks for sharing and rekindling a great memory of an awesome concert.

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to go to the show.......

AND NOW back to your regularly scheduled programming :)

S

sebasco

Finally figured out how to add attachments from another URL.

Here are a few photos:

The first is a macro from our garden. The second is from the George Eastman House in bright sun. The third is from a jazz concert at the Rochester Jazz Festival in almost dark conditions and the fourth is of an old bike (now considered a hipster bike).

Enjoy! I love using this camera.

markwon

I wasn't sure if I would keep the X100, mostly due to the lack of responsiveness when compared to my M8 with a 35 cron on it. But the lighter weight and closer minimal focus distance adds so much versatility that I stuck around for the firmware update. Am I glad I did! So much more responsive and fluid with the update. I think it's going to replace my DL5 as a carry around shooter.

Here are a few from Lake Murray and D.C.