The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

scho

Thanks all for your kind remarks. One more, taken yesterday in the old town of Leiden (Netherlands).

All the best,
Piet
Piet,
Very nice hues in this moody street scene.

I wasn't sure if I would keep the X100, mostly due to the lack of responsiveness when compared to my M8 with a 35 cron on it. But the lighter weight and closer minimal focus distance adds so much versatility that I stuck around for the firmware update. Am I glad I did! So much more responsive and fluid with the update. I think it's going to replace my DL5 as a carry around shooter.
Mark,

Nice B&W work. I had to give up the M8 when my vision started to fail (just couldn't get reliable focus with the RF). I'm very happy now with the versatile X100.

markwon

Rich, You're getting some great results with yours too! Thanks for the comments.

Carl, Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear that the x100 is working out for you as well.

ashwinrao1

I wasn't sure if I would keep the X100, mostly due to the lack of responsiveness when compared to my M8 with a 35 cron on it. But the lighter weight and closer minimal focus distance adds so much versatility that I stuck around for the firmware update. Am I glad I did! So much more responsive and fluid with the update. I think it's going to replace my DL5 as a carry around shooter.

Here are a few from Lake Murray and D.C.

Fantastic series, Mark!

Mark, I enjoy your high contrast images.
Ashwin, Thanks again for your positive comments. Miss seeing your images on this board.
Carl, Thank you and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

markwon

thanks Ashwin! you sure you're done with the x100? miss you contributions here.

Fantastic series, Mark!
Joe, thank you for your comment. really like your last shot of the guy diving? i really miss hawaii. was there for a year back in high school.

scho

I took the X100 out today for another gorge walk and some tripod work (very dark in the gorge). Forgot to take off a skylight filter that created some veiling flare in some images. Used the 2 sec selftimer (still turns off if camera goes into sleep mode) and ND filter for a few of the water shots.

Last edited:

scho

On this hot, humid day we took a nice refreshing walk along a shady little stream near my home. All with the X100 on a tripod.

S

sebasco

A few with the Fuji x100 from my trip to NYC this past week.

The first is a snapshot of the striped religious family.

The second is a funny pic of a family with the 'Statue of Liberty'

The third is a self-portrait taken from my room at the W

Comments & Critiques Welcome

scho

View from the restaurant balcony at Glenora vineyards on Seneca Lake. Three shot handheld pano with the X100.

scho

I was testing some Fujichrome Velvia 50 in my 6x9 view camera and just for fun did a comparison shot with the X100. The film was scanned at 4000 dpi using a Nikon 9000 with Vuescan and the scan was reduced to 25 % of original size for export as a jpeg from LR3. The X100 shot was reduced to approximately the same size as the re-sampled scan. Both were white balanced in LR3 using a neutral white label in the scene as a target.

Velvia 50 Scan
X100 Shot