The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

NorthWestDork

Not taken by my X100, but just thought Id share. This little guy goes everywhere! Though eventually I hope to find time to process some pictures.

S

sebasco

Here's a few from Peaks Island in Maine.

The first is a wonderful field. The second is the viewing site for the Fireworks and the third is from a rocky beach where walkers & sunbathers build sculptures from the rocks overlooking the ocean.

scho

Philly, Pa July 4th
Nice captures of patriotic spirit in Philly.
Here's a few from Peaks Island in Maine.
The first is a wonderful field. The second is the viewing site for the Fireworks and the third is from a rocky beach where walkers & sunbathers build sculptures from the rocks overlooking the ocean.
Very nice shots. We see smaller versions of these rock piles all along our streams in my area. Everyone wants to leave their mark saying "I was here". Japanese term for these rock piles is Obos. Here is a rather extreme example near a popular local waterfall:

scho

The forest is lush green this year from all of the rain. Shot with X100 on tripod.

Went for a stroll in downtown San Jose on Friday and the X100 is what came with me because its the highest IQ camera that fits in my spring jacket pocket. All taken at ISO 3200 too:

"Photographer at Work"

"California Theatre"

"The Shot"

I've also been using the X100 to photograph my daughter, this one too was at ISO 3200. I'm finding the "two boxes" AF in the new firmware to give me bang on results in about 80% of my shots now.

Brian Mosley

A few more images from my trip to New York.
The caps inside the Yankee store at iso 2500.
The runner at iso 3200.

Fantastic work Joe... really love your first shot - a classic.

I had my first chance to play with an X100 today... oh, no - I am sold! only a matter of time before I'm joining you guys here :D

Cheers

Brian

Sapphie

Ollil and everyone else - great shots in this thread.

I am enjoying my X100 and even tried a polariser on it recently ... the same one I had for my Pentax K1000 film camera all those years ago, and it worked!

Brian - good to see you here; we had some email exchange 3 years ago about the Panny G1, which I still have but is now collecting dust because of the X100 and ...

I picked up my Pentax K5 for the first time the other day and it felt like a brick!

Lee