The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

Brian Mosley

Super images Tim, especially like the bridge and love your boat composition.

Well done, please keep then coming!

Brian

p.s. Cats make great photo subjects :)

Sapphie

Don't worry, I'll get bored with these B&R IR conversions soon. The cone in colour is red. There's an actual B&W cone nearby and the danger signal for passing ships is if the two cones line up then they are about to sail onto the rocks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runnel_Stone

may give an idea ...

Anyway, I think I prefer the colour version:

Lee

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Yes, the colour one works for me - excellent contrast with the sky.

1/320s f/2.8 at 23.0mm iso200

1/250s f/2.8 at 23.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

We were invited to a wedding last weekend, fantastic opportunity to shoot with the X100 over a couple of days. I could really use this kind of practice more often - to master the camera in varied situations.

I won't post any people shots, but was generally very happy with the results.

1/80s f/5.6 at 23.0mm iso320

1/80s f/5.6 at 23.0mm iso320

1/80s f/2.8 at 23.0mm iso800

1/38s f/5.6 at 23.0mm iso3200

1/850s f/4.0 at 23.0mm iso200

1/60s f/2.0 at 23.0mm iso1250

1/8s f/8.0 at 23.0mm iso800

Cheers

Brian

W

Wozza604

There's some really great images in this thread! Here's a couple from my x100...

My bike

General Washington (is a Bruins fan)

OlliL

Hi Brian,

Just Snapseed (iPad app) presets.

It's from NIK software, who did also Siver-Efex, so it might be one of the film reproductions.

Regards
Oliver

tbhv55

Thanks Lee, Rich, and Brian for your kind comments on my images, and my apologies for the late response – just been too busy recently.

Brian: I particularly liked your shot with the steel ball fountain feature to the left and the two guys in the centre. You captured that moment perfectly.

Lee: very nice autumn shots and colours, and also, your shot of the Runnel Stone markers took me back. We took a very enjoyable short holiday in that area a few years ago, during which we walked that part of the coastline. These markers are intriguing to see “in the flesh”, but I found them to be a difficult photo subject. I recall that I attempted to get too much surrounding landscape into my shots of them, but it didn’t work at all well. The simplicity of your shot works much better.

Oliver: superb black and white shots, in particular, the antique store. I find the output files of the x100 to be really well-suited to black and white, compared to other cameras that I own, or have owned.

Wozza: great bike shot, in very nice light.

I’m hoping to get some time soon to get out again with the x100. It’s just too good to leave it sitting on the shelf…

Sapphie

d the two guys in the centre. You captured that moment perfectly.

Lee: very nice autumn shots and colours, and also, your shot of the Runnel Stone markers took me back. We took a very enjoyable short holiday in that area a few years ago, during which we walked that part of the coastline. These markers are intriguing to see “in the flesh”, but I found them to be a difficult photo subject. I recall that I attempted to get too much surrounding landscape into my shots of them, but it didn’t work at all well. The simplicity of your shot works much better.

I’m hoping to get some time soon to get out again with the x100. It’s just too good to leave it sitting on the shelf…
Thanks Tim - a lucky fluke for me but I am finding the fixed focal length a great bonus. With a DSLR with zoom too easy to just aim, zoom and shoot (well for me anyway). We are going that way for a week in October and they forcast a heatwave *this* week and 'snow' for October?!

I agree that the X100 is too good to leave behind on the shelf.

Lee

W

Wozza604

Nice!

First one with in camera ND-Filter, or did you screw one on the lens?
Stopped down with the built-in ND filter, plus it was a pretty gloomy day (we get plenty of those here).