The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

Sapphie

This time last year I was doing this in RAW on a Pentax K5. This year was X100 JPG with auto-levels in Aperture and I think I prefer how they look. ISO 3200, f/4.

Lee

scho

Still enjoying my X100
Lee
and doing well Sapphie. I recently resurrected my X100 and started using it again for walkabout shooting. I missed the great Fuji color and sharp images.
Here are two with the X100 from a frigid walk around the local commons:

Our local Occupy protest contingent

The commons "Junkyard Horse"

Sapphie

The party should never end ... I am now wondering if I ought to get the X10 to keep it company. Some from a walk today:

Lee

tbhv55

Lee,
You've made some very nice shots there, with lovely light. The first one, in particular, really captures the "mid-Devon" (I presume?) atmosphere very well.
As for getting the x10 - I have to admit to having considered this as well, but I've put the idea to one side. I find that the x100 does what I ask of it so well, that I don't really want to spoil things by having to choose between the two. That road seems to head back towards carrying too much stuff... as I used to with the DSLR kit. I'm just glad to have stopped doing that...!
Tim.

Sapphie

Tim

Knightshayes Estate (National Trust), near Tiverton, 3-4 pm today.

I think the X1-Pro will also have a new camera allure too but I agree - I would have to choose and even then choose between lenses or focal length or ...

Better the X100 with its superb image quality and zoom with the feet or crop if necessary!

Lee

tbhv55

Lee,
Yes, the X-Pro1 is very interesting, but I'm still more inclined to stay with the x100... i.e. keep it simple, and, as you say: zoom with the feet! The return to a reduced number of options is one of the real joys of the x100.

tbhv55

@xtianyves
Very enjoyable shots... in particular, nice light-and-shade in "Into the spotlight".

@scho
Excellent shot of the "Occupy" protest... good that you've resurrected your x100!

Tim.

scho

@xtianyves
Very enjoyable shots... in particular, nice light-and-shade in "Into the spotlight".

@scho
Excellent shot of the "Occupy" protest... good that you've resurrected your x100!

Tim.
Thank you Tim. I'm also feeling good about the X100 again and can't remember why I gave up on it for awhile. Here is a B&W with some dramatic winter lighting at the local marina.

L

Lux

These are some of the best shots I've seen on this site. I've been to the Imperial Palace/Forbidden City as well as the Great Wall. The palace shot and the one I included in the quote below are both publication-worthy IMHO. It is very tough to get GW shots without a lot of people in them - unless you walk a long way, and then you quickly get to parts of the wall that aren't maintained as well. Nice work!:salute:

I've been shooting with the X100 for a while as my normal small lightweight travel camera. It replaces my M9 outfit that unfortunately I had to sacrifice to afford my MF digital gear. However, I LOVE this camera and the quality of the 35mm equivalent lens.

I'm in China at the moment and shot these using the X100.

The Great Wall at Mutianyu:

Swissblad

Amazing Great Wall image, Graham - and I can concur that it is difficult at the "hot-spots" in China to get any photo without people!
I'm loving the little X-100 more and more - it really is a nice little "take me with every-where" camera.
It takes amazingly good portraits too!

View attachment 54627

Maggie O

Anyone here using Apple Aperture to process RAW from the X100? I took some shots today with DR=200% and shot JPG+RAW. In LR the RAW would have been a stop underexposed. Aperture, however, appears to be compensating for the DR setting. What is interesting is that sometimes it seems to do a better job than the OOC JPG. For example, both just exported with no adjustments:

JPEG:

RAW:

Lee
Now that I've got one, I can say that, yes, I've noticed that too! Aperture really seems to play well with the X100's RAW files.

And that is a beautiful photo, Lee!