The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

Gbealnz

Wonderful shots Erik, the camera looks like it is doing it's bit, but I figure your eye and processing/presenting skills are what is making the images look well above the bar. Not taking anything away from the camera, it is superb by all accounts, but credit where it is due as well.
I am soaking up all these threads, tossing the "will I buy the Fuji or not urge" about. The X-Pro is where I am headed, but the Fuji line in general, with the X-100 proving to be extremely well regarded. I cannot get over how good the images all are, truly impressive.
Gary

leif e

So many great shots here!
I jus got my X-100, getting used to it. It feels very good, sharpness and detail are convincing indeed. A couple of examples. Minor adjustment of exposure in Aperture, BW conversion is done in Silver Efex Pro.

Photon-hunter

Wonderful shots Erik, the camera looks like it is doing it's bit, but I figure your eye and processing/presenting skills are what is making the images look well above the bar. Not taking anything away from the camera, it is superb by all accounts, but credit where it is due as well.
I am soaking up all these threads, tossing the "will I buy the Fuji or not urge" about. The X-Pro is where I am headed, but the Fuji line in general, with the X-100 proving to be extremely well regarded. I cannot get over how good the images all are, truly impressive.
Gary
Gary,

Thanks for your very kind words. Trust me, this camera IS something else. I am doing my first attempts at long exposure with my Nex-7, and even when I love the camera and it has an amazing IQ, don´t get me wrong, I am having trouble getting images I am fully satisfied with, probably due to the fact that the files are vastly different and require such a completely different post-processing. I am still trying to figure out the workflow for the Nex, but the files just seem to "fall into place" with the Fuji. This may all very well be completely subjective, or maybe it´s just because I have been using the Fuji longer. I just adore this little camera...

Thanks for watching and please keep the lovely images coming everybody.

Erik.

Sapphie

Gary,

Thanks for your very kind words. Trust me, this camera IS something else. I am doing my first attempts at long exposure with my Nex-7, and even when I love the camera and it has an amazing IQ, don´t get me wrong, I am having trouble getting images I am fully satisfied with, probably due to the fact that the files are vastly different and require such a completely different post-processing. I am still trying to figure out the workflow for the Nex, but the files just seem to "fall into place" with the Fuji. This may all very well be completely subjective, or maybe it´s just because I have been using the Fuji longer. I just adore this little camera...

Thanks for watching and please keep the lovely images coming everybody.

Erik.
Erik

Super stuff. I can't compete. I would try to contribute more but don't seem to have the time and my X-Pro 1 demands attention. Having said that I have had my X100 back from its 2nd fix for sticky apertures and is sitting on the table looking at me longingly. The X-Pro is nice but the X100 is a true classic!

Lee

Photon-hunter

Erik

Super stuff. I can't compete. I would try to contribute more but don't seem to have the time and my X-Pro 1 demands attention. Having said that I have had my X100 back from its 2nd fix for sticky apertures and is sitting on the table looking at me longingly. The X-Pro is nice but the X100 is a true classic!

Lee

Lee, thanks for your kind words, but please, pretty please, avoid mentioning the X-Pro1 to me. I am walking on veeeerrrry thin ice here...:angel: :D: :poke:

Erik.

clay stewart

Nice shots everyone. I just got mine tonight and took a few snaps with the uncharged battery - just couldn't wait.:D I think this is on the vivid setting, using the macro mode. Man those are some punchy colors. I think I'm going to like this camera.