The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

clay stewart

That's really a nice image, Downstairs.

I've had this camera about a week and I'm starting to think that this might actually be a camera I can bond with. Something that has eluded me since the film days. More time will tell of coarse, but hot dog, I'm digging it right now.

downstairs

Bill, Just that. Combined in Photomatix to mask the highlights.
Here's a straight black and white jpeg from the X100 wide open. This thread is slipping down the drain. Does it mean people have got bored with their X100s?

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

Thanks for the info. Those are both excellent shots. I love them both. Yours are some of the best images I've seen from the X100 so far. Certainly better than mine! I think that right now people are focusing on the X-Pro1 quite a bit, but the X100 is too good a camera to just fade away, as your amazing shots prove.

Do you have a website or a Flickr page or something? I would love to see more of your work.

Bill

Bill, Just that. Combined in Photomatix to mask the highlights.
Here's a straight black and white jpeg from the X100 wide open. This thread is slipping down the drain. Does it mean people have got bored with their X100s?

downstairs

Bill, thanks. I do a lot of experiments in various formats and push them all on Picasa here with some comments. I was doing 'leicaroids' while setting up large format shots and the digital shots - with a little tweaking - appeared to turn out better, even printed 40x50 cm. The straight b&w jpegs from a borrowed X100 had the most character. My regular portfolio is here.

Brian Mosley

These are beautiful studies Bill, I enjoyed viewing your portfolio too.

Thanks, and the X100 is certainly on my list of all time favourites.

Brian

fordfanjpn

Thank you for the links. I love B&W and the tonality you get with your images is exactly what I would strive for if I had anywhere near your talent. I will spending a lot of time studying your work. Thanks for sharing.

Bill

Bill, thanks. I do a lot of experiments in various formats and push them all on Picasa here with some comments. I was doing 'leicaroids' while setting up large format shots and the digital shots - with a little tweaking - appeared to turn out better, even printed 40x50 cm. The straight b&w jpegs from a borrowed X100 had the most character. My regular portfolio is here.

downstairs

Thanks everybody. I must say I had more fun with the X100 than with other cameras. Using the b&w jpegs straight out of the camera (and into photomatix, I must admit) and finding them as good the rest was a shocker. Gripes: cognitive ergonomics - the buttons don't fit my limited mental flexibility and the fact that the lens shade has to go in your pocket.

David Teo

Before the pictures, I just want to state again, I love love love my X100. I haven't loved a camera like this since my (regrettably sold) Leica M6 with it's 35mm f2 cron asph. It most faithfully replicates the shooting experience of the Leica!

I took a solo trip / retreat to Tokyo, Japan 2 months ago for the sole purpose of street photography, and also a time of reflection away from work and people. Pictures below are mostly from the famous Shibuya intersections / crossings, a place I can get lost alone, even while surrounded by hundreds of people!

Man with graffiti wall

Praying Man crossing the street

Girl with Hello Kitty blanket

Woman crossing the street

Fashionista guy with hat

Thank for viewing!

David
See more of my work at my blog

Last edited:

Rand47

Book Craftsman - I loved the shop, their work, their pride in old world craftsmanship.
Processed in LR4.1 using Split Tone panel.