The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X100 images thread...let's get this party started....

tomj

new to the forum and new to fuji (x100s)- though not truly pocketable, i wanted to have a smaller camera for bike rides. i've long been a fan of 35 fov so the discipline of a fixed lens is refreshing and feels like meeting an old friend.
here is a sunrise with a little fill flash

Morning LIght 2 by Thomas Johnston, on Flickr

tomj

I usually just shoot raw, but in the case of the X100S I set it up to include the jpeg fine as b&w. This image is from the jpeg with minimal post-proc.
f/2.8 @1/8 iso 800

JF157.jpg

tomj

Not unusual for November, we had a couple of very rainy days last week. I made a visit to the falls at Tumwater Park just below the old brewery (Olympia Beer), long closed. The water level is different throughout the different seasons, and the day after the big rain it was the highest I've seen; the following day the water level had dropped some 5 or 6 feet.
Images made with the Fuji X100S.

Attachments

bensonga

I haven't been out taking many photos lately, although like many of you, I carry a camera with me most days. That camera is often my X100.
Captured this shot at my favorite local coffee shop last month. Prudhoe Bay is a "Super Giant" oil field on the North Slope of Alaska. It has been the focus of my career at BP for the past 28 years.

Gary

X100, ISO 200, 1/500th at f2.8

Palmnell

Don't know what the complaints are about the X100 being soft wide open. This was taken at F2, 1/30th sec, 100 ASA Provia simulation. Also with firmware 2.10 the camera is not slow to focus.DSCF3341.jpg

fordfanjpn

So, thanks to the "Affordable Jazz Bass" thread at offetsguitars.com (yeah, that's it!) I went trolling on Reverb and found this beauty- a 1992 MIJ (Made In Japan) Jazz Bass. The pots are a little hinky, but everything else is just perfect.
That's a beautiful bass! Nice score.

rayyan

Driving along NJ last autumn, just happened to pass by a vineyard.....

I thought it was a watering hole. But they were selling wine :shocked: