The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Black?

Tim

Look sorry for starting this thread but someone has to. Do you think there will be an all black X100 released by Fuji sometime soon? :watch:

hehe LOL. Black or chrome X100? :eek:

Tim

My guess would be a black version with a different focal length, like 24 or 50mm.
I would have thought this possible. Some engineering of the optics and firmware tweaks and it should be possible. The main taking lens would be where the bulk of the work is, but sales should be good.

dhsimmonds

Fujifim are so hell bent it seems on replicating Leica (except price, phew!) I wouldn't be surprised if when sales flag a bit they will introduce a "titanium" version. :ROTFL:

Fujifim are so hell bent it seems on replicating Leica (except price, phew!) I wouldn't be surprised if when sales flag a bit they will introduce a "titanium" version. :ROTFL:
Wouldn't you, if you were in that business? I suspect I would. Personally, I've been hot for the black version of this camera from the git-go.

That was true even before I saw the silver one in person, and noticed the finish was paint rather than chrome plated metal (unless I'm mistaken). If I'm carrying a painted camera, it should be painted black or something outrageous, a la Hasselblad, not fake metal color.

Tim

10,000 units "Limited Edition"
:ROTFL:
Hehe, yeah, 10,000 units only for 7 billion people could be considered Limited Edition. If my math is right that's 1 camera for every 700,000 people. I wonder if the shutter would stand up to a portrait of each of them.