The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem installing Firmware upgrade

Martin S

Just getting around to installing 1,10. Followed all directions, and downloaded
FPUDATE from Fuji website. Copied on formatted card, inserted in camera.

Pushed in back button and turned on. Got error message "New firmware could not be found. Turn off camera.

What is the problem????

Confused.

Thanks.

Martin

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Martin,
The file you need for a card upload is on the very top of the update page.
The others down lower are for a cable update.

Make sure you use a fresh formatted card, use the top file, hold the Disp button and fire up the camera.. It should work...

I'm in the US, if you have a problem, pm me and Ill give you my phone # and we can talk our way thru it...
Don

Martin S

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to use the top program, It seems to be a graphic converter - it can be opened on a Mac. Its is also about 32 mbytes.

Is it the update??????

I have updated firmware on a number on a number of different cameras, and have never been so frustrated!!!!

I may take you up on your kind offer!!!!!!
Martin

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
That should be it. Don't open it, just copy it to the card from the desktop then...
then insert the card in the camera and start it while holding the disp button.
That should start the update on the camera.