The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What looks like a major firmware update released

Brian Mosley

Thanks Kit, and yes it was a major update... Mine was already at rev 1.1 when I bought it a few weeks ago.

We're eagerly awaiting the next update - to add the final polish to an otherwise awesome camera.

Cheers

Brian

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Oh dear; behind the pace!

I got direct notified thins morning, and had a quick look here and did not see a reference to it. Jack/Guy, delete the original if you wish; I don't think I can do that myself. Cheers, KL

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Phil; that's very interesting. When I get back home, I am seriously thinking that I will have to buy a recently current laptop and load up Snow Leopard on it—Lion has some nice features, but many problems, too. I am in Arizona at the moment, and Apple's main business tool, Mail, simply can't find its own SMTP server most of the time—and sometimes can, with all settings staying the same.

Sapphie

You just need to copy the firmware file to the root of an SD card. The Fuji Apple update program is unnecessarily complicated - you only need to do the same as for any other camera firmware update: unzip the download and copy the .bin to your SD card root and then follow the rest of the instructions.

Lee

pellicule

Thanks Lee,

It's that easy! Why on earth did Fuji make an app to do something so simple?

I don't want to go off thread, but Lion is fine for me, no issues at all. This was the first problem I'd had.

Thanks,
Phil.

pipzz

You just need to copy the firmware file to the root of an SD card. The Fuji Apple update program is unnecessarily complicated - you only need to do the same as for any other camera firmware update: unzip the download and copy the .bin to your SD card root and then follow the rest of the instructions.

Lee
Lee, you save/made my day:thumbs: I'm on 10.7 and downloaded and started to RTFM and it didn't work.

Now I just copied firmware file from iMac to SD, inserted SD in camera, updated and it's done. So simple. How people at Fuji can wrote 3 pages long FM and create useless soft for Mac/PC for updating :deadhorse: