The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wide angle converter

francishmt

Does anyone have experience with any wide converter on th X100, with decent quality? The X100 forum has one member using the DMW-L46 with some success.

OlliL

Thought about it, but wasn't sure if this causes indifferences with the metering (AF and AE).

Could you provide a link to the samples?

A

Allan Ostling

I have sent off for a step-up ring, and when that arrives I will use this wide-angle converter on my X10, and post samples if they are any good.
The 40.5-46mm step-up ring only engages a fraction of a turn. But I was able to mount the Panasonic Lumix DMW-LW46 Wide Conversion Lens. The corners vignetted with the zoom on the X10 set at 28mm. The vignetting is visible even when the LW46 is held up to the lens with no interposing spacing – a situation I should have noticed before sending off the for ring.