Site Sponsors
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Fun with the Fuji X10

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with the Fuji X10

Quote Originally Posted by downstairs View Post
    Fuji X10 jpeg straight out of the can.
    Just wonderful B&W tones!

May I ask what lighting set-up you used, and camera settings? (Of course, no problem if you prefer not share these details.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tbhv55 View Post
    Just wonderful B&W tones!

May I ask what lighting set-up you used, and camera settings? (Of course, no problem if you prefer not share these details.)
    Thanks!
    Lighting is from an ancient Mole Richardson Soft-light (a left-over from the Cleopatra set in Rome, 1962 - it lit Elizabeth Taylor) with barn-doors to feather the background. No fill.
    Fuji X10 settings on manual 1/8' f.11, black&white film simulation, normal contrast etc. Zoom at 50mm.
    It seems to work, so tomorrow I'll have a bash on 8x10 sheet film and I'll post a snap of the setup - which is minimalist.
    The X10 does a better job than a polaroid and, often, large-format has a hard time matching up to the mood of the test shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by downstairs View Post
    Thanks!
    Lighting is from an ancient Mole Richardson Soft-light (a left-over from the Cleopatra set in Rome, 1962 - it lit Elizabeth Taylor) with barn-doors to feather the background. No fill.
    Fuji X10 settings on manual 1/8' f.11, black&white film simulation, normal contrast etc. Zoom at 50mm.
    It seems to work, so tomorrow I'll have a bash on 8x10 sheet film and I'll post a snap of the setup - which is minimalist.
    The X10 does a better job than a polaroid and, often, large-format has a hard time matching up to the mood of the test shots.
    Such great results from such a simple set-up!

I can certainly understand your comment about the large-format gear not improving on the mood of the shot. A superlative job by the x10 here... not forgetting, of course, the photographer...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Setup:

Plenty around, even ebay.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post