The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X10

benroy

Subscriber Member
First pics right out of the box. Thanks to the marvelous pics Jim and Uwe have been sharing, I purchased an X10. It arrived at noon time today...unpacked it, stuck the battery in, set the dial for P and went out to the backyard fence for some quick pics. I set the focal length to 112. I have no idea what the ISO was, f/stop or shutter speed...just took 8 pics.(jpegs)
Here are the results...only took 8 pics, and am sharing 5 of them. I made prints before preparing them for the web. 9x13s...did not have to adjust color or exposure...I was amazed at the image quality! (and I am very cranky about the sharpness of my prints.)

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
More X10 pics...although I think this thread is dying on the vine...rumors of new X Pro have anything to do with this?

Roy Benson

Last edited:
Neches, Texas: All but a Ghost Town

I took a little road trip today wandering down some of the back roads of Texas and came upon the little town of Neches, Texas. Neches is one of those towns that boomed then went bust. Some of its former glory is still visible as in the shot below. Shot with the Fuji X10. Post work in Photoshop CS5.

If you'd like to read a bit about the history of the little town follow this link: http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hln03

Maggie O

After going back and forth, well, forever, this thread convinced me to replace my D-Lux 3 with an X10. And hey, since I didn't get an X100, I've got $600 to put towards that M9 I'm going to get someday.

Great work folks and I'm jazzed to start shooting with my new X10!

Terry

Hey Jim,
I just got back from shooting along the coast (I know way to annoy you). These look good!

Maggie O

Maggie O

Hey Maggie - long time no see/talk to you. Have fun with the X10. Great camera!
Hi Terry!

I became a homeowner and kind of dropped off the internet for a while. I'm kind of jazzed about the X10- my D-Lux 3 was getting pretty long in the tooth!