The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X10

Terry

The camera does great jpegs. Maggie are you shooting RAW and converting in camera or jpeg from the start? I haven't tried the raw plus processing to different films in camera.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Maggie - all the raws are first processed in Lightroom

Love the snow pictures especially the blizzard with Domino in the bottom left :)

Keith

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Really like these shots Maggie!

And I cannot see any light orbs ????

Enjoy - looking really forward to mine!

Peter

Maggie O

Maggie O

And here's the latest batch, starting with a portrait of the beastie, taken with my D-Lux 3:

Fujifilm X10, January 24, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Rubbish, January 23, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Pine Lake Road, January 23, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Fear the Paw, January 23, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Dogwalk, January 23, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Amelia & Scooter, January 23, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Jackson & Scooter, January 23, 2012 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

I'll be glad when Apple supports the X10, I'd like to work the RAW files and see what's really going on with the sensor, especially in EXR mode.

Maggie O

I'm glad I'm not in Nebraska - Brrr! It looks cold.

Interesting effect with high ISO in camera B&W JPEG. It looks a little like film grain.
It's not too bad...says the gal who used to live in Minnesota!

I'm pleased with how the noise in the B&W night shots came out- it is very much like film grain and, to my eye, a pleasing look.

K

Kevin_b1

The delivery driver knocked today and there it was my brand new shiny Fuji X10, first impressions very good, feels very well made, everything seems to fall to hand easly.
Looking forward to getting out and using it, going to a christening on Saturday and been asked to do some photo's so that will be a nice outing for the X10.
Photo's and further impressions to follow.

Regards
Kevin

anfrve

...Maggie,

your cat's (and dogs) Photos are Awesome!! :clap:

I also have the same camera and i L O V E his clear sharpness

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Received mine 2 days ago and am still experimenting.

Shoot only RAW and found that C1Pro delivers MUCH better results than LR3 - almost all noise (grain) is gone and exposure is reproduced much more accurate as shot in camera.

Only "complaint" is - do not think that the OVF is only close to similar to a Leica M OVF - it is far better than any OVF I have seen so far in a compact but still far away from the M. I would also say that the hybrid VF in the X100 is much better - but well you cannot have everything and for that price the X10 is really a great performer.

And yes - I did have the OBS issue already - with a streetlight facing directly the camera, but again C1Pro does a much better job here already compared to LR3.

Will post some shots as I get more comfortable with the X10 - love this camera!

Peter

Lars

Only "complaint" is - do not think that the OVF is only close to similar to a Leica M OVF - it is far better than any OVF I have seen so far in a compact but still far away from the M.
So do you find yourself actually using the OVF? I have such horrible memories from the G9/G11 OVF, it shouldn't be hard to make a better OVF but the lithmus test is if it's actually preferred over the display in at least some situations.