The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X10

Maggie O

Strictly JPEG once it's out of the camera, as Aperture doesn't support the RAW format files. For B&W, I'll convert the JPEGs in Silver Efex Pro, or sometimes do it in-camera. But take note- I also will use the camera's RAW button to tweak photos that I like in-camera.

It's all on a picture-by-picture basis for me.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Thanks Maggie. I do Med Fine DR400 and get a great jpeg.
Then to LR4 with my presets or SEP2.
I'd like to do raw but it's not even close to the jpeg.

Maggie O

I have mine set to the largest JPEG on fine + RAW. Someday, Apple may have RAW compatibility in Aperture....

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Well, I'm trying L fine jpeg today. I stopped raw because in LR4, it's terrible. After all this time since the camera has been out.... I give up on raw ever working in LR.

If I didn't like the camera so much....well...it wouldn't be a pretty picture.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I have mine set to the largest JPEG on fine + RAW. Someday, Apple may have RAW compatibility in Aperture....
There is still no AP RAW support after over a year that this camera is on the market, similar for other Fuji cameras. This is really a bad sign.

Maggie O

I'm just grateful AP supports the X100's RAW files, because Aperure + X100 RAW is incredible. Especially with SEFXP2.

downstairs

X10 - B&W+yellow, all the other settings plain vanilla. It fits better than polaroid for setting up large format TMax/HC110. Just one umbrella pointed up (to feather the nearside) and across the subject (to feather the background).

PenSon

One old lens (Rodenstock-Apo 240mm) in front of the Fuji-X10 lens. Some coffee beans on the iPad screen.

Trygve

downstairs

Fuji X10 jpeg straight out of the can. Shot today setting up for 4x5.
Sorry about the missing shots above, I reorganised my Picasaweb albums and they no longer register.