Site Sponsors
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera (formerly called "new camera")

Nice link thanks. Good to see the camera making its' way into enthusiast hands. Very informative.

Pretty much committed to the E-M5 I think.

Cheers

Brian

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    What is with the hood of the 35/1.4 lens? Edit: That is the one from the 60mm lens..

Only the 18mm lens has a compact and attractive hood.

Camera grip, etc all look good.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the 60mm hood looks huge...

Post Thanks / Like

I played with the X Pro 1 at Yodobashi Camera today. I have to say I really disliked it. It's big, feels cheap and is very slow compared to the other mirrorless systems. The files may well be great but to be honest the interface and sluggishness would drive me mental.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    I played with the X Pro 1 at Yodobashi Camera today. I have to say I really disliked it. It's big, feels cheap and is very slow compared to the other mirrorless systems. The files may well be great but to be honest the interface and sluggishness would drive me mental.
    I hope such experiences/impressions would bring down the hype and make a lot of them available very soon- also in the used market.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjv View Post
    How would you compare it handling (quality) wise to say a Leica M9?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I hope such experiences/impressions would bring down the hype and make a lot of them available very soon- also in the used market.
    I don't think the hype will last long, and if Fuji really are targeting those potential M9 owners - they won't have made too many, and the price can remain high.

I think the sensor looks fantastic - but not worth buying into this system... Sigma have a similar setup - and probably went the right way with the DP1m and DP2m given their limited resources. The difference is, Fuji know how to make a superb fixed lens camera (given the X100), so I think they could do a much better job of it.

Cheers

Brian

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, I agree. The total production numbers are likely to be "unexpectedly very high" by Fuji's estimate. That would translate to at best 100,000 cameras per year.

After a few months of hype, just like the X100, it will calm down a bit.

If the prices do not go down, well, it is their loss.

Too many good choices around for a buyer!

Post Thanks / Like

The M9 is far better. More intuitive and the viewfinder is way better – but obviously only manual focusing, which is not for all of us I guess. The M9 also feels more solid. It's just my humble opinion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    How would you compare it handling (quality) wise to say a Leica M9?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on what you want to do with the camera. If you shoot in low light, the M9 can't hold a candle to the Xpro1. On the other hand, all the Xpro1 needs is a candle.

One would think the M9 would have better build, after all, it's made of brass and costs over 4x as much. A 3 lens Fuji kit is less than half the cost of just an M9 body. These really are two different cameras for two different market segments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

These really are two different cameras for two different market segments.
    OK, but which market segment is the Fuji X-Pro 1 designed for?

From Petapixel :
    Fujifilm X-Pro1 Next to the Leica M9-P

Cheers

Brian

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps for the market that wants a high performance sensor in a small package that doesn't cost $7k? Or rather, 11k with a 50/1.4 equivalent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think we're talking about the same market (see above illustration)

Cheers

Brian

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Same size, not the same market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Actually, if Fuji want to appeal to Leica lens owners looking for a cheaper 2nd body with better sensor, I think they need to work on focus peaking, or some slick means of focus assist.

Cheers

Brian

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

11k for a camera +lens isn't that bad. At least it is visible and functional.

Take a look here: 28 ridiculously expensive luxury vehicles, gadgets, and dwellings | Tecca

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ah, just need to get myself up into the 1% and I'm right with you Vivek!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Just to be clear, I wasn't being critical of the 11k figure. There are plenty of people who spend that and more, Leica's profits show that. There are far more buyers in the bell curve of pricing where the Fuji sits; hence my contention they are different markets.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was not trying to imply that you were being critical, Robert.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    OK, but which market segment is the Fuji X-Pro 1 designed for?

From Petapixel :
    Fujifilm X-Pro1 Next to the Leica M9-P

Cheers

Brian
    Hmmm - I wonder who thought of that sloping shoulder - the X100 is undeniably a stunning camera to look at, but I think this looks really dreary.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    Actually, if Fuji want to appeal to Leica lens owners looking for a cheaper 2nd body with better sensor, I think they need to work on focus peaking, or some slick means of focus assist.

Cheers

Brian
    As a Leica owner (not really looking for a second body). I've used the X100, and the trouble is that, although the focusing on the M9 is old fashioned, manual and takes a lot of practice, it's also very predictable and quick (if you've put in the practice). The X100 AF was not predictable (i.e. if you had the OVF you were never quite sure where it had focused) and the MF was neither quick nor practical.

the idea of the hybrid viewfinder is fine, but it has to do something useful, not just show different views. If Fuji think that zoom in manual focusing is better than focus peaking on an EVF, then that's their prerogative - but the real problem is not the manual focusing on the EVF, but on the OVF.

Basically, if you're a Leica owner looking for a second body, it has to have the assets of the Leica . . if you want something with AV, Live view and an EVF which also takes leica lenses . . . isn't the NEX7 a better bet?

ooops . . sounding grumpy, it must be 3 hours sleep last night . . . perhaps I'd better find a glass of wine!

all the best

. . ps I'm sure the IQ will be fab . . . nearly as good as the Nikon D800e . .

Just this guy you know

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think you have to look to Asia to find the real market potential for the X Pro-1, just like with some other recent Fuji models, and yes, it will be a Leica substitute for many here. I was, but probably shouldn't have been, surprised to see the X100 and later the X10 pop up in camera shops where the Digital Rebel used to be the top model. Half the world population resides within a 4 hour flight from here, and when you live in an anthill, standing out from the crowd is what matters. Just look at the street fashion trends in Japan.

Remember that Fuji is a company that (together with Cosina/Voigtländer) successfully launched a 6x7 folder just a few years ago. Instant cameras? New models every year. Orange and green Pentax K-R anyone? Asians love gadget, particularly fashion gadgets, and they take photos of each other every hour of the day, preferably in one of umpteen standard poses that they have see in magazines or on TV. If they can do that with a "Japanese Leica" that costs a fraction of the real thing, fine.The colour matches the black windows of their totally souped-up Honda Jazz as well

Oh, and they do it on video too, the poses I mean

[HD/MV] SNSD/Girls Generation(
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 22nd February 2012 at 14:05.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't an optical view (allowing viewing outside the frame) 'something useful? or is that just a Leica urban legend... I see the Ricoh or the NEX as a better option for adapted lenses, but those fast Fuji primes are well-priced, so why not use those with AF.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Isn't an optical view (allowing viewing outside the frame) 'something useful? or is that just a Leica urban legend... I see the Ricoh or the NEX as a better option for adapted lenses, but those fast Fuji primes are well-priced, so why not use those with AF.
    Yes Robert - it's fundamental (absolutely fundamental) . . . but you need to be able to focus precisely within it - even if it's a crappy 60 year old 'precise focus' - of course, I've spent 5 years learning how to precise focus with a leica, but I simply couldn't precisely manual focus with the X100 and it's sexy hybrid viewfinder (the tools to do it are not there) , and the X1 pro doesn't seem different. . . of course, I may be missing something?

. . . and and and .. if you want AF, then there are 10000 better models (like the Nikon D800e for instance - which seems to be about the same price).

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You're not missing anything in terms of the X100 manual focusing Jono, it's useless... I use one touch auto focus in manual focus mode to do the necessary adjustment and it works fine.

The X100 OVF gives you that nice peripheral vision in the viewfinder. I love it.

Cheers

Brian

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed...neither are designed for manual focus with their native lenses with the OVF...as such, they are really AF cameras. They followed the Contax G lead, it appears.

There are some tricks and techniques -- ironic as it might seem, using the AFL button and then manual fine-tuning from there. EDIT: as Brian indicated

Manual focus of adapted lenses remains to be seen, but NEX and Ricoh have a clear lead. I don't see how the OVF will be useful with adapted lenses except for prefocus/hyperfocal.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Agreed...neither are designed for manual focus with their native lenses with the OVF...as such, they are really AF cameras. They followed the Contax G lead, it appears.
    Hah!
    Robert - you hit the nail on the head.
    I had a G1 and a G2, and although the lenses are magic, I always thought the concept was a catastrophe . . .
    1. you couldn't see around the subject like the M
    2. the autofocus was dreadful compared to an SLR

the worst of both worlds . . . Fuji seem to be campaigning to take over the Kyocera's crown with the G2

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, obviously they are AF cameras. My not so qualified guess is that most buyers upgrade from an iPhone or similar. Manual focus on the iPhone sucks, so Fuji has to make a camera that first and foremost works with AF. Alternatively, the production numbers would be so low that the price would double or triple.

Then, not even Jono would buy it.... wait, you haven't ordered one yet. D800E? Now you've mentioned it twice. Time to order?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

What Fuji calls manual focusing really is autofocus with a manual override.

I have owned G1s and G2s a few times, never found them to be quite as difficult as Jono's experience. They had their own set of AF tricks, too <wink>

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Then, not even Jono would buy it.... wait, you haven't ordered one yet. D800E? Now you've mentioned it twice. Time to order?
    Hi Jorgen
    I seem to have ordered an OMD.
    D800 - no (tempted, but I prefer the colours on the Sony, and I have all those nice Zeiss lenses)
    Fuji X1 pro - not even considered it, not for a second

. . . . really . . . as Robert put it so perceptively; it's the obvious inheritor of the G2 mantle . . .

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What Fuji calls manual focusing really is autofocus with a manual override.

I have owned G1s and G2s a few times, never found them to be quite as difficult as Jono's experience. They had their own set of AF tricks, too <wink>
    Of course, they were manageable, just like the X100 . . . just that if you're going to put in that much effort and money to manage something, you might as well get wise and buy a Nikon d800 . . because it seems to me that the X1pro has lots of disadvantages, but, apart from size, no advantages over the Nikon. . . Unlike the M9 which allows precise focusing and a real overview in all lighting conditions, and with a large selection of almost perfect lenses.

I should go to bed

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    D800 - no (tempted, but I prefer the colours on the Sony, and I have all those nice Zeiss lenses)
    And you will have a Sony version with that sensor later in 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Jorgen
    I seem to have ordered an OMD.
    Fuji X1 pro - not even considered it, not for a second

. . . . really . . . as Robert put it so perceptively; it's the obvious inheritor of the G2 mantle . . .
    I didn't really think you would buy a D800.

Yes, the Pro1 is clearly aiming for the G1/2 market, so what does that make it? The ultimate quality p&s? In a way I think it is. The G1/2 wasn't meant to be manual focus cameras, that's the reason why they had AF. It's the same with the Fuji. It's for people who are reasonably interested in photography and require very high quality, but are not dedicated enough to pay the monies for a Leica and then have to focus manually. It's a kind of pseudo Leica crowd, mostly below 40. So I find the discussion here a bit beyond the purpose of the camera. If we want a good manual focus camera below the price of a Leica, the Ricoh, Sonys and m4/3s are all better options and cheaper too.

I wouldn't mind having one of course, but when I look at all the m4/3 gear I can buy for the same money, it's an easy choice. And maybe, when some of those early adopters sell it to buy the new Leica XM14, I'll line up to buy his little gadget for a fifth of the price, like I did with the D2Xs

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    And you will have a Sony version with that sensor later in 2012
    Exactly Terry - and if Leica haven't made it unnecessary for me I'll certainly buy it. in the meantime the A77 and the A900 fill that niche very nicely

I didn't really think you would buy a D800.
    Please to be predictable - I did seriously consider ditching all Sony kit and buying one . . . but I really should be able to wait . . . and history and Nikon and me are not good bedfellows
    Yes, the Pro1 is clearly aiming for the G1/2 market, so what does that make it? The ultimate quality p&s? In a way I think it is. The G1/2 wasn't meant to be manual focus cameras, that's the reason why they had AF. It's the same with the Fuji.
    . . .but the word on the street is that the AF is really slow - excellent image quality doesn't seem to me to make up for the combination of crappy MF and slow AF

I wouldn't mind having one of course, but when I look at all the m4/3 gear I can buy for the same money, it's an easy choice. And maybe, when some of those early adopters sell it to buy the new Leica XM14, I'll line up to buy his little gadget for a fifth of the price, like I did with the D2Xs
    But why? I mean why would you want it? it isn't even handsome - at least the X100 is a really beautiful and desirable object, but that slopey shoulder is out of proportion, and makes it look kindof lopsided.

This is nothing to do with my penchant for Leica - all the other cameras I've bought should at least convince you of that - I just can't see the attraction of this camera (unless the AF really is good - and even then, without good MF . . .). Actually, I'm impressed by the two step OVF - but it would only be useful if you could then focus successfully using it!

The D800 is a completely different beast - I'm absolutely convinced by it in every respect - I have no criticism . . I can even see an argument for ditching all my Sony kit and getting one (and I might end up doing that) . . the only thing stopping me is that in the end I've always disliked the Nikon files - again, no criticism, just personal taste.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The D800 is a completely different beast - I'm absolutely convinced by it in every respect - I have no criticism . . I can even see an argument for ditching all my Sony kit and getting one (and I might end up doing that) . . the only thing stopping me is that in the end I've always disliked the Nikon files - again, no criticism, just personal taste.
    Perhaps the Nikon files will be different this time around. Not sure how closely you looked at D3X files - weaker AA, seemingly different Bayer filter.

I remember us having a short discussion re D700 colors over a year ago - you were clearly dissatisfied compared to A900, I didn't see it. I've come to accept that my eyes (or my brain) sees color differently than yours. The wakeup call was a BBC documentary on human vision and color.
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Vinberg View Post
    Perhaps the Nikon files will be different this time around. Not sure how closely you looked at D3X files - weaker AA, seemingly different Bayer filter.

I remember us having a short discussion re D700 colors over a year ago - you were clearly dissatisfied compared to A900, I didn't see it. I've come to accept that my eyes (or my brain) sees color differently than yours. The wakeup call was a BBC documentary on human vision and color.
    Hi Lars
    I'm sure you're right - we all see things differently. I also understand that if 90% of shooters like the Nikon colours, and if I don't it's probably my problem! However, the difficulty was shooting early in the morning and late in the evening (when I like to shoot most), when there seems to be a yellow cast which I couldn't deal with (I've always suspected that it's a byproduct of an attempt to get skin tones right).

Sure, you can mess with colour, but generally speaking I'd rather have a camera where, if I get the WB as I want it, I don't have to do anymore with the colour. Olympus and Sony are always like that . . . Leica is mostly like that (and tweaking the high ISO colour is a breeze) !

For me, the right thing to do is to wait until the D800e is thoroughly available and then rent or borrow one for a week or two and see how I go.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Lars
    I'm sure you're right - we all see things differently. I also understand that if 90% of shooters like the Nikon colours, and I don't it's probably my problem! However, the difficulty was shooting early in the morning and late in the evening (when I like to shoot most), when there seems to be a yellow cast which I couldn't deal with (I've always suspected that it's a byproduct of an attempt to get skin tones right).

Sure, you can mess with colour, but generally speaking I'd rather have a camera where, if I get the WB as I want it, I don't have to do anymore with the colour. Olympus and Sony are always like that . . . Leica is mostly like that (and tweaking the high ISO colour is a breeze) !

For me, the right thing to do is to wait until the D800e is thoroughly available and then rent or borrow one for a week or two and see how I go.
    Yep makes perfect sense. For me OTOH it makes more sense to sell my D700 this weekend, keep all my Nikon glass, and then wait for the reviews before deciding on D800/D800E.

And now back to topic...
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

. . .but the word on the street is that the AF is really slow - excellent image quality doesn't seem to me to make up for the combination of crappy MF and slow AF

But why? I mean why would you want it? it isn't even handsome - at least the X100 is a really beautiful and desirable object, but that slopey shoulder is out of proportion, and makes it look kindof lopsided.
    For some kinds of photography, travel in particular, I don't care about AF speed. Sometimes, it takes hours to get a photo anyway. I'm sure it's faster than my manual focusing. I'm a very slow manual focuser

I don't care what a camera looks like. Ugly is a statement too, and I don't think it's that bad. Leica is too symmetric for me, from the front, the top, any angle, it's not design, it's engineering, German engineering. Fuji is Japanese engineering.

What I do care about is ultimate image quality, so that I can't blame the camera if the image isn't optimal from a technical point of view. Do you play golf? I do once in a while. My handicap is higher than my IQ. I use a number 2 blade for fairway shots, and get a clean hit every 100th shot or so. Or maybe every 200th. That's like it should be for a rank amateur like me with that club, but on that 100th shot, heaven opens and angels are singing. It's that great an experience. That's the way I see the Fuji also, somewhat similar to one of my other Fujis, the S3 that shoots 4 fpm (like in 4 frames per minute) and where you see the subject several hundred yards down the tunnel viewfinder, even if you can touch it with your hand.

It's a challenge. I like that

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For some kinds of photography, travel in particular, I don't care about AF speed. Sometimes, it takes hours to get a photo anyway. I'm sure it's faster than my manual focusing. I'm a very slow manual focuser

I don't care what a camera looks like. Ugly is a statement too, and I don't think it's that bad. Leica is too symmetric for me, from the front, the top, any angle, it's not design, it's engineering, German engineering. Fuji is Japanese engineering.

What I do care about is ultimate image quality
    So you're using m4/3?,
    so that I can't blame the camera if the image isn't optimal from a technical point of view. Do you play golf? I do once in a while. My handicap is higher than my IQ. I use a number 2 blade for fairway shots, and get a clean hit every 100th shot or so. Or maybe every 200th. That's like it should be for a rank amateur like me with that club, but on that 100th shot, heaven opens and angels are singing. It's that great an experience. That's the way I see the Fuji also, somewhat similar to one of my other Fujis, the S3 that shoots 4 fpm (like in 4 frames per minute) and where you see the subject several hundred yards down the tunnel viewfinder, even if you can touch it with your hand.

It's a challenge. I like that
    I like challenges as well . . but I wouldn't play golf with a stick of celery, and choosing a camera with splendid IQ, but no really good way to control focus seems like using a stick of celery to play golf.

Just this guy you know

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

For me, even the G1/G2 AF was much faster and more accurate than manual focusing of M bodies. Ms go way back for me, I was 18 when I got an M3. I got a G1 back in 1994 when they first came out. Still have one!

I suspect the 'word on the street' (or the interwebs) isn't as extreme in either the positive or negative direction, as is usually the case in such matters. In any case, I'll let you know when my test camera is delivered in a couple of days!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

HI Robert
    For me, even the G1/G2 AF was much faster and more accurate than manual focusing of M bodies. Ms go way back for me, I was 18 when I got an M3. I got a G1 back in 1994 when they first came out. Still have one!
    I got one when they came out as well, and had a couple of tries after that as well. I was a committed Contax user in those days (perhaps the RTSII is my all time favourite).
    The problem with the AF was not accuracy - it was what it decided to focus on . . and the fact that you couldn't actually see what it decided to focus on! It's still the issue with many AF systems today - fine if it's a person 5ft away, but tricky if it's something smaller.

But my real gripe with the G1/G2 (I've had two G2s) was that you couldn't see around the image as you can on an M - If you want a WYSIWIG viewfinder, then why not use a dslr where you really do have good AF, and you can see what it's decided to focus on!

The trouble with focusing with an M is that it takes practice - continued practice - no good putting it away for 3 months and thinking it'll be okay when you come back.

I suspect the 'word on the street' (or the interwebs) isn't as extreme in either the positive or negative direction, as is usually the case in such matters. In any case, I'll let you know when my test camera is delivered in a couple of days!
    I expect you're right about this - but however good the AF is, if there's a box which takes up 1/6th frame, and all you know is that the camera has focused on something within this box . . . but not what - then I can't see it as useful. . . often that's enough - but not always!

Just this guy you know

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly as I see things...although to be fair, even DSLRs are not foolproof. Is it absolutely locked on the iris of my model? Sure looks like it in the viewfinder, and on the LCD...but bring it up on the laptop, and it's fuzzy...my experience with many Nikons, and most recently Sony A850.

And the little green 'focus confirmation' LED in Nikons? I always found it to be useless...

Quite possibly nothing beats the old school matte focusing screens from mid-70s SLRs like the RTS...infinite focus points, no moving a cursor around...ok, might be a bit tough with superwides. For that, use an M.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So you're using m4/3?,
    I tried to use the 7-14mm on a NEX, but somehow, it wouldn't fit. Now, there's the OM-D. There's no competition anywhere.

I like challenges as well . . but I wouldn't play golf with a stick of celery, and choosing a camera with splendid IQ, but no really good way to control focus seems like using a stick of celery to play golf.
    Oh, but I can wait a couple of days for the camera to focus. There are always some activities I can tend to while waiting :sleep006:

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And the little green 'focus confirmation' LED in Nikons? I always found it to be useless...
    + 1,000,000

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Exactly as I see things...although to be fair, even DSLRs are not foolproof. Is it absolutely locked on the iris of my model? Sure looks like it in the viewfinder, and on the LCD...but bring it up on the laptop, and it's fuzzy...my experience with many Nikons, and most recently Sony A850.

Quite possibly nothing beats the old school matte focusing screens from mid-70s SLRs like the RTS...infinite focus points, no moving a cursor around...ok, might be a bit tough with superwides. For that, use an M.
    Absolutely Robert - I agree with everything. and +10001 on the focus confirmation with the little green light.

There is only one thing which doesn't mislead, and that's the focus patch on an M rangefinder - focusing with a Noctilux at 10ft wide open is easy - can you imagine an AF system trying to deal with that?

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oh, but I can wait a couple of days for the camera to focus. There are always some activities I can tend to while waiting :sleep006:
    I've never thought of going to the pub while the camera focuses . . .do you think that'll be possible with the OMD.
    Incidentally Jorgen - it looks like, for the first time in ages, we will actually be shooting with the same camera! Let's Hope It's Good!.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Absolutely Robert - I agree with everything. and +10001 on the focus confirmation with the little green light.

There is only one thing which doesn't mislead, and that's the focus patch on an M rangefinder - focusing with a Noctilux at 10ft wide open is easy - can you imagine an AF system trying to deal with that?
    So do you think that an M10 with a Noct is the solution for me too? Maybe I should buy a Bessa and the 50/1.1 to see what it feels like. There's always the Camera Fantastic alternative if I succeed (I don't like the bokeh of the Voigtlander, but I'm sure it works fine for practice shoots).

Let's Hope It's Good!.
    It'd better be

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

So do you think that an M10 with a Noct is the solution for me too?
    It's the solution for everyone

It'd better be
    Or Else . . . (or else what?)

Just this guy you know

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

There is only one thing which doesn't mislead...
    my iPhone 4s! and camera+
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two astro telescopes. Same manufacturer. One is manual, the other is computerized. I key in where I want to focus, and
    the microprocessor kicks it into action. The horse head nebula
    is there. Very rarely, I have to tweak it a little. No big deal.
    How do I know when to tweak manually? Experience.

But I love to use the manual one too. Thrilling to see the Nebula
    come into view. Feel like Galileo. Wonder if Galileo would have preferred my auto tele. Looking outside the frame..give him a break. He was struggling with what was inside the frame. Just like me.

What have astro telescopes got to do with the Fuji X Pro1?
    Nothing really. Just thought I would mention them.

The challenge. The image is upside down. But not
    when I, too, am upside down? Let me make sure about this..
    be back soon. Just don’t seem right somehow..

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Now you made me look up Horsehead Nebula. Fascinating. I always wanted a telescope, even as a kid, but never got around to get one. Now, I live in the middle of the smog, so it would probably be useless anyway. Fujis are good for smog