Site Sponsors
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Dave, I hope he gets paid a lot.

The question was about the "pop" and I took the wrong example but nevertheless I do not think even the photographer himself would disagree with what I said about contrasty light and equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased a Fuji X100. I was fence-sitting waiting to hear more about the X-Pro 1 before making my decision. What it came down to was, that I really prefer the 23mm (35mm equivalent) focal length (I use the Canon 5D and 35L 99% of the time). I know that Fuji will eventually release a 23mm for the X-pro 1; but since the focus speed seems to be about the same (between the X100 and the new body) I decided not to wait for the upcoming 23mm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think that's a good decision Erik.

There's a lot going for the X100... Fuji would be wise to bring an updated X100 with their new sensor to market as well as a 23mm lens for the X-Pro 1 - it would be worth the extra money to have all of the X100 features (refined with the next iteration).

Cheers

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Reading through Zack's blog (on both the X100 and X-Pro 1) helped me to decide on the X100: Blog • Photography By Zack Arias He has a lot of great things to say about both cameras, but still says he loves the X100 and will keep using it.

sebasco

Hi Eric,

Congratulations on your purchase of the x100. You will love the camera.

I own both the x100 and the x pro 1 and the AF speed on the x pro 1 when using the EVF is faster on the x pro 1 than the x 100. The AF speed when using the OVF on the x pro 1 is a lot faster in good light but about the same or even a tad slower in very low light. If I use the focus assist in low light, however, it is a tad faster also.

I bought the x pro 1 as I love the 50mm view and I would love the flexibility of eventually adding a zoom lens for travel.

What I will tell you is the major difference is that the image quality on the x 100 while excellent does not compare to the image quality on the x pro 1 with its new sensor and no AA filter.

Enjoy the camera!

Post Thanks / Like

Sebasco-

Thanks, I was hoping to hear more from photographers who are using both. I think that I will be more than happy with the X100's IQ. When I compare here: Imaging Resource "Comparometer" Digital Camera Image Comparison Page the X100's examples at iso 6400 are cleaner than the 5D Mk1 at iso 3200. (The 5D is my main body and has the same 12 MP resolution). FYI select "all" not "current" to see the 5D classic on that site.

I typically downsize my 5D Mk 1 images anyway to 2400 x 3600 pixels (8x12 @ 300dpi) when converting from RAW to JPEG - so resolution isn't an issue.

For me it was the 23mm lens that I wanted now, and I was able to buy a used X100 here on the forum.

Cheers-

Erik

sebasco

Eric,

Best of luck with the new baby.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Erik,

i think just because someone has one Fuji, doesn't mean they had to get the other... i have and love the X100 and, although i'm following this thread, have no desire to get the XPro1 -- it's just too big for my needs.

Zack's articles are great. he was one of the people who pushed me to get the X100 a few months ago when i was still dithering about it. i honestly have not been unhappy with the image quality in the least -- it is a secondary camera, though, but one i can carry with me everywhere... i don't regret the purchase in the least.

enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Dear all,

I just bought a X1 Pro and a 35/1.4

The sensor has a great dynamic range even at high ISO and the lens is really a top class lens.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looks like someone found a major issue with one of the lenses (touted as "perfect" by some review outfits)- hot spotting of the 60 macro:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/fu...s-review-18774

Thankfully, the 35/1.4 appears fine.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Touted as 'perfect' in the very same review. I wonder if that is just an exception in that sample?

Post Thanks / Like

So far I have not encountered any problem with this lens and the image quality is pretty good, at least for my standard. This is a close-up done just for testin purpose

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    Touted as 'perfect' in the very same review. I wonder if that is just an exception in that sample?
    I am aware of at least one very high end lens that suffers from this problem, similar lens design and similar problem around similar magnifications.

Ario, Could you try it around the maximum magnification (closest focus) ranges? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

This pretty close to the min. focusing distance, sorry for the poor lighting, but I am in a hurry and I could not arrange anything better.
    Ario
    www.arioarioldi.net
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think the problem is shooting at an angle if you look at the two problematic examples.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Arlo, you don't have much money left.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I think the problem is shooting at an angle if you look at the two problematic examples.
    Yes.

However, Ario seems to know how to light up his coins!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like