Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Fuji hype and ...

  1. #1
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Fuji hype and ...

    Not sure if Expansys (they are everywhere) are a real outfit and why they would take pre-orders for the new Fuji cam + the 35/1.4 at a price much lower than the one announced by Fuji.

    http://www.expansys.nl/fujifilm-x-pr...-f-1-4-227647/

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sunnyvale, California
    Posts
    1,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Expansys is real, an English firm that has been around since the 90's at least. I've done business with Expansys several times buying accessories for personal electronics. I don't read Dutch but there's perhaps a non-committal clause to the preorder?

    As for lower price - it did catch your attention didnt it? Looks like a gamble from their part since pricing hasn't been made public yet.

    Here is the link to the UK listing (1079): http://www.expansys.com/fujifilm-x-p...-f-1-4-227647/
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Vinberg View Post

    As for lower price - it did catch your attention didnt it? Looks like a gamble from their part since pricing hasn't been made public yet.

    It appears to fit a pattern..

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    There is no official price, but what better way to attract pre-orders? No dealer ever holds on to all pre-orders, but the more you get, the more you have the opportunity to hold.

  5. #5
    Member Agnius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Santa Monica, California
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Usual 3 ring circus for a new Fuji. I enjoy listening to usual "improved", "better" and "new" quotes out there. There is even Leica M comparison for a button for a lens release. However, at this price I am in no hurry to part with my money. I am more enthusiastic about upcoming Ricoh GXR A16 module.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    It should be free to be a beta tester.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Vinberg View Post
    Expansys is real, an English firm that has been around since the 90's at least. I've done business with Expansys several times buying accessories for personal electronics. I don't read Dutch but there's perhaps a non-committal clause to the preorder?

    As for lower price - it did catch your attention didnt it? Looks like a gamble from their part since pricing hasn't been made public yet.

    Here is the link to the UK listing (1079): http://www.expansys.com/fujifilm-x-p...-f-1-4-227647/
    Their link now says "price not announced." That's new.

    - Raist

  8. #8
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    LOL, just noticed that - I hope those who hit pre-order get their kits for 1079

    Cheers

    Brian

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    LOL, just noticed that - I hope those who hit pre-order get their kits for 1079

    Cheers

    Brian
    :-) Word is around what they said- $1700 USD.... (body).

    - Ricardo

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    :-) Word is around what they said- $1700 USD.... (body).

    - Ricardo
    Looks like the most expensive aps-c sensor body, DSLR or not.
    So lets assume the lens of the X100 on a stand alone basis would cost USD 350 (similar to a panasonic 20mm f1.7). I.e. in this case, the X100 camera body would be priced in the USD 800 bracket. Based on this rough and dirty comparison, the X-Pro body seems to be priced at a huge premium as compared to the X100. For a few more MP, a more complex VF, a juicier processor and buffer doubling the price. Or do I miss something?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    I have no problem with the release price... demand and supply will sort it out

    Cheers

    Brian

  12. #12
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    Or do I miss something?
    Yes, your assumptions are probably all wrong. First, you don't know costs or the required margins. And these go beyond simple material or manufacturing costs.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Perhaps a less risky proposition... would be to price an X100 with 90mm EFL lens, and one with a 24mm EFL lens - if they could be brought down to <$1000 each and have the quality of the existing X100, I would be very interested.

    Brian

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    Yes, your assumptions are probably all wrong. First, you don't know costs or the required margins. And these go beyond simple material or manufacturing costs.
    I don't care about costs or margins. They are the manufacturer's headaches. I compare prices, that's all.

  15. #15
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Shashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    141

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    I don't care about costs or margins. They are the manufacturer's headaches. I compare prices, that's all.
    I would also say your price comparison is not correct either. The X-Pro is not just a larger X100.

  16. #16
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Manchester/Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    290

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Nope, it doesn't even have a lens included...

    I am not a painter, nor an artist. Therefore I can see straight, and that may be my undoing. - Alfred Stieglitz

    Website: http://www.timelessjewishart.com

  17. #17
    Senior Member Brian Mosley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,394
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17

    Re: Fuji hype and ...

    Nor does it have a built in flash, nor a practically silent shutter, nor a built in ND filter...



    Brian

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •