The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji hype and ...

Lars

Expansys is real, an English firm that has been around since the 90's at least. I've done business with Expansys several times buying accessories for personal electronics. I don't read Dutch but there's perhaps a non-committal clause to the preorder?

As for lower price - it did catch your attention didnt it? ;) Looks like a gamble from their part since pricing hasn't been made public yet.

Here is the link to the UK listing (£1079): http://www.expansys.com/fujifilm-x-pro1+35mm-f-1-4-227647/

monza

There is no official price, but what better way to attract pre-orders? No dealer ever holds on to all pre-orders, but the more you get, the more you have the opportunity to hold. ;)

Agnius

Usual 3 ring circus for a new Fuji. I enjoy listening to usual "improved", "better" and "new" quotes out there. There is even Leica M comparison for a button for a lens release. However, at this price I am in no hurry to part with my money. I am more enthusiastic about upcoming Ricoh GXR A16 module.

raist3d

Expansys is real, an English firm that has been around since the 90's at least. I've done business with Expansys several times buying accessories for personal electronics. I don't read Dutch but there's perhaps a non-committal clause to the preorder?

As for lower price - it did catch your attention didnt it? ;) Looks like a gamble from their part since pricing hasn't been made public yet.

Here is the link to the UK listing (£1079): http://www.expansys.com/fujifilm-x-pro1+35mm-f-1-4-227647/
Their link now says "price not announced." That's new.

- Raist

retow

:) Word is around what they said- $1700 USD.... (body).

- Ricardo
Looks like the most expensive aps-c sensor body, DSLR or not.
So lets assume the lens of the X100 on a stand alone basis would cost USD 350 (similar to a panasonic 20mm f1.7). I.e. in this case, the X100 camera body would be priced in the USD 800 bracket. Based on this rough and dirty comparison, the X-Pro body seems to be priced at a huge premium as compared to the X100. For a few more MP, a more complex VF, a juicier processor and buffer doubling the price. Or do I miss something?

Brian Mosley

Perhaps a less risky proposition... would be to price an X100 with 90mm EFL lens, and one with a 24mm EFL lens - if they could be brought down to <$1000 each and have the quality of the existing X100, I would be very interested.

Brian

retow

Yes, your assumptions are probably all wrong. First, you don't know costs or the required margins. And these go beyond simple material or manufacturing costs.
I don't care about costs or margins. They are the manufacturer's headaches. I compare prices, that's all.