The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

monk

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

OOC Jpeg. Astia, f/4.0 1/125. This camera is a precision instrument and requires study before it shows its stuff. It rewards, however!

Last edited:

PenSon

Not a scientific test but some comparing Pentax 15mm and Fujinon 14mm on the XPro1.
Not a nice picture but a nice lens/camera combo.
Same distance to the camera and same aperture 4.

Lenses

Pentax 15mm

Fujinon 14mm

Trygve

volkerhopf

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Crap I just sold the Nex 7 and bought the Fuji. I really am a sick person. Okay time to open the box and figure this one out. I may need help, than again I may need a lot of different kinds of help too. Lol
I just did the same. I am afraid we are bejond help.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Okay pardon a couple quick test shots processed in C1 with not too much adjustment which is very nice.

Shot this one at 18mm and fixed the keystone on it. At 5.6

Shot at 24mm fixed the keystone as well. At 5.6

Shot at 55mm at F5. Not sure of the vignetting but I shot from a weird spot so it maybe me. Im checking this out now

kuau

Workshop Member

Guy, they look good to me, what sharpening settings did you use in C1?

Guy Mancuso

Hmmm may be the lens and or hood in this series. The vignetting is there in my files worse at F4 and really does not clean up at 6.4 either. Maybe F8 I will have to check this for sure.

But for a kit lens , this maybe the best I have seen. This helps than buying all primes and makes it a nice travel unit. I want the 14mm though and I want to hook my Nikon 85mm 1.8 up to it as well. I will try my Samyang 14mm for my Nikon once I get a adapter. I could use some help on the adapter end if anyone can recommend one for my Nikon G. Not much out there except the Nova flex which is kinds expensive for my fun cam. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Guy, they look good to me, what sharpening settings did you use in C1?
Steve I went to

amount 300
Radius .8
Threshold 1

Standard clarity plus 10

dropped luminous down to 15 and color down to 30

This gives it some nice sharpening without going to far. I noticed the jpeg needs a little bump on sharpening out of cam as well. Ill try bumping that up but jpegs look good out of cam.

This Fuji is way more my style than the Sony Nex7. By a long shot glad i bit the bullet. I tried Bobs X-1 Pro awhile back and it stuck with me.

Oh almost forgot for a guy that hates EVF this one is pretty darn useful and nice. I just changed my strips. LOL

kuau

Workshop Member

Guy,
Thanks for your sharpening tips.
Funny, I did the same thing as you. I sold my Sony Nex7 kit and purchased the X-E1 when it first came out, I tried all the lenses that were available at the time, 18, 35, 60 and the kit zoom, which I actually liked the best.

My issue was I lost my patience at the time with no good RAW support. C1 wasn't supporting the camera yet so I ended up trading it for a Olympus OM-D with a nice set of primes. Oh well, I do miss the simplicity of the Fuji though at the same time that OM-D is a heck of a camera.

I am going to go back and process some of my .RAF files in C1 and the latest version of LR4.4 and if I like the results, I may get the new Fuji X100s.

Guy Mancuso

Yes I tried the OMD in Zion and NY and I really liked that cam as well. I thought about it but having a full Nikon system I was questioning the OMD for me. This fits the travel bill better.

Guy Mancuso

BTW just checked and my hood may have been on wrong. I switched it out anyway too 3 58mm empty filter rings. I hate bayonet hoods. I usually use metal lens hoods on everything with no front lens caps. I get them off e-bay for cheap, it makes switching lenses so much easier on the job.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Guy - welcome. Not many folks jump ship from Fuji - these are true cameras for photographers who appreciate great colour vs computer programmers (Nex) :grin:

krist8

I could use some help on the adapter end if anyone can recommend one for my Nikon G. Not much out there except the Nova flex which is kinds expensive for my fun cam. LOL
I use this one for my Nikon lens. $25 from China and 2 weeks delivery. Solid brass construction. Fits well, but with a little play (a bit more than my fuji zoom), but works ok. It is easy to use if you have an aperture ring on your Nikon lens. For G lens, it is a guess work to set the aperture.

Edit: somehow, the link did not show. You can search ebay under "nikon to Fuji X adapter " for a seller named "jinfinance"

Guy Mancuso

I've gone a little nuts bought one this morning

Amazon.com: RainbowImaging Nikon G AFS lenses to Fujifilm Fuji X-Pro1 Camera Adapter: Camera & Photo

I ordered this half case.

Amazon.com: Gariz Genuine Leather XS-CHXE1BK Camera Metal Half Case for Fujifilm XE1 X-E1, Black: Camera & Photo

I ordered a new Upstrap for RF cams and I'm looking at bags like a idiot. I have a Domke 5xb and a TT Retro 5 which are just about perfect since I can fit my IPad mini in for travel but now I'm looking at a TT Hubba hubba Hiney but I don't think I can get a IPad mini in it. I'm really sick in the head. Lol

AdamJ

There are some fantastic pictures being shared here, keep it up guys!

On another note, I was walking through our local woods the other day and found something quite interesting...

I think it's been there a while, I wonder how they got back to the road... :D

monk

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

Dewy Plumeria After a Night of Rain
The Fuji X100S set to Astia.

Tea Tree Leaves and Sunlight

The sun works its magic after too much rain.