The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

teeraash

Thanks all for your comments. Have been lurking and watching pictures from fabulous photographers here for a long time.

jonoslack

Re: Summicron 50mm F2.0

Ok, this is my first post here. The picture of happy gardenner and his wife was taken with 40+ years old lens. Very appreciate CCs.
That is a very wonderful photograph - I really approve of such happy images - it's so cool and trendy to be gritty and negative, Excellent Excellent!

surprise surprise on the lens.

S

sebasco

I was in Fredericksburg this week for a cycling event with my new x pro 1 and took a few snaps. I am loving the camera. Here are two faves.

Enjoy the pics,

Sapphie

Ok, this is my first post here. The picture of happy gardenner and his wife was taken with 40+ years old lens. Very appreciate CCs.
Lovely shot. I am only curious, as I am not remotely interested in buying an X-Pro 1 (I may be lying) and my beloved X100 is not yet a year old but what is the procedure for obtaining accurate focus with 'legacy' lenses? I understand you can set the OVF frame lines according to the lens focal length but presumably to obtain good focus you need to use the EVF?

Unless it is a 'landscape' situation and you are able to 'zone' or hyper-focus using the markings on the lens?

Lee

Brian Mosley

Sadly, my X100 will be wringing it's way back to Fuji for a replacement lens assembly tomorrow... Hopefully that will permanently solve the sticky aperture blade problem. At least it failed within warranty :banghead:

Strangely, I only checked it because auto white balance went cold and it had to go in anyway.

Cheers

Brian

teeraash

....I understand you can set the OVF frame lines according to the lens focal length but presumably to obtain good focus you need to use the EVF?

Unless it is a 'landscape' situation and you are able to 'zone' or hyper-focus using the markings on the lens?

Lee
Yes, for legacy lenses you need to use EVF and you can magnify image (8x-9x?) by pressing rear dial. It will switch back to prior view mode (OVF, EVF or LCD) by pressing rear dial again or by half pressing shutter release button. Unfortunately, Pro 1 will display framing guideline for legacy lenses up to 35mm. Beyond that you have to use EVF for framing and composition. This is from my actual using the camera as I haven't read the manual yet. :)