The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

teeraash

Thanks Terry, scho and ustein. I edited mostly with LR basic functions. Except this one which seems a bit bland so I added skylight filter and tonal contrast from a demo color efex pro 4.
At iso 2500, no noise reduction in pp.

[/url]
_DSF8539-Edit by teera_ash, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

monza

Diglloyd as he terminates his X-Pro1 review:

"It [X-Pro1] has some fine qualities, but it is simply too frustrating to work with its images, not one of which has anything approaching the sharpness of what should be there with a 16MP camera."

Maybe he should take a look at this thread...
Looks like he unterminated the review...and edited his previous post without acknowledging the previous termination. Not helping his reputation on certain forums....

And this: "The Fuji X-Pro1 pixel quality at ISO 200 is extremely impressive. I deem it superior to the full-frame Canon 5D Mark III at ISO 100." Not bad for sharpness unbecoming of a 16MP camera. :)

V

Vivek

Looks like he unterminated the review...and edited his previous post without acknowledging the previous termination. Not helping his reputation on certain forums....

And this: "The Fuji X-Pro1 pixel quality at ISO 200 is extremely impressive. I deem it superior to the full-frame Canon 5D Mark III at ISO 100."
Where did he post ? :confused:

V

Vivek

Thanks for the links, Robert.

It is interesting that people would pay real money to read such things with hypotheses and conjectures.

donbga

Diglloyd as he terminates his X-Pro1 review:

"It [X-Pro1] has some fine qualities, but it is simply too frustrating to work with its images, not one of which has anything approaching the sharpness of what should be there with a 16MP camera."

Maybe he should take a look at this thread...
Well I'm sure Mr. Lloyd knows his stuff, but I've been very impressed with the images shown here. Yeah, we are all waiting for RAW file support from Adobe, Capture One and so forth to discover what the quality of the RAW files really look like. I just wish Capture One supported camera profiles made with ColorChecker and that Fuji and other camera manufacturers could support DNG format like Leica and Pentax; we could then use a common metric for RAW IQ comparison.

Loyd points out that the body plus 3 lenses is expensive, but for a poor man the X Pro1 system is attainable for a digital rangefinder style camera, unlike Leica products.

To be honest I'm still on the fence waiting to see wait the OMD tests like in the field but I'm strongly attracted to the X Pro 1 for a potent light kit for travel.

Too many cameras, too little time ...

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Hey Robert, Have you seen Ken Rockwell's review? He thinks the AF is far better than Leica's? :ROTFL:

Oh, he too notes the price as well. That was a revelation. :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Terry, scho and ustein. I edited mostly with LR basic functions. Except this one which seems a bit bland so I added skylight filter and tonal contrast from a demo color efex pro 4.
At iso 2500, no noise reduction in pp.
Wow... excellent! Which temple is that?

teeraash

Hi jorgen,
It was the cremation site of the late Princess at Sanam Luang (in front of the Emerald Buddha Temple).

Terry

Also got a vario ND to do some wide open outdoor shots. Need to do some more work and see what sort of hood I can use looks like you can easily get reflections or glare with it.

All sitting outside at breakfast....

This one is OK but again I want to test without filter, straight single filter and then vario ND...little bit of texture in the OOF highlights.

Turned slightly to the right and bam! not good.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

And this: "The Fuji X-Pro1 pixel quality at ISO 200 is extremely impressive. I deem it superior to the full-frame Canon 5D Mark III at ISO 100." Not bad for sharpness unbecoming of a 16MP camera. :)
I respect Lloyd Chamber's reviews (I'm a subscriber too) but sometimes there's an element of KR in them ...

I have to say that the Fuji X-Pro1 is quite simply a stunning camera system so long as you appreciate that it isn't a Leica M9 and nor will it ever be. However, the images I'm seeing from my camera & 18/35 lenses are outstanding in colour, acuity and overall look - and that's just the jpgs!

If there's an Achilles heel it's with the RAW converter support. I understand why given the new non-bayer colour pattern and I'm sure that it'll be sorted out soon. In the meantime I'm happy to shoot jpg fine & raw and for the most part the jpgs are all I need.

Terry

Lightroom support is coming. This is on the Adobe site

NOTE: The Lightroom and Camera Raw team is well aware of the new X-Pro1 camera from FUJIFILM. We are currently developing raw support for the X-Pro1 and look forward to providing it as soon as support is complete. Thanks for your patience on this topic.

Rich M

I succumbed. It was only a matter of time. I picked up the camera this afternoon and after charging the battery, headed to the North Shore to catch sunset.

The first two shots are A-A (auto). I thought it would be a little smarter; f/16, 1/1200, 800 ISO.

I drove a little bit farther and as I pulled into the last place to park before Kaena Point, this group flagged me down and asked if I would take their picture with their iPhones (they were visiting from Oz). Of course, I obliged and took a shot of my own.

Shot in A-priority....Wide open, 1/150, 200 ISO

I am loving it.

A shout out to Carl who I pestered with PM's and Terry too. (Terry your podcast on SeriousCompacts was cool).
Thanks for Lee, PenSon, ReeRay, teeraash, Roy Benson and all the others showing their great pics.

And a BIG mahalo to bigkidneys (Jason T) who I've had a running text message convo going for the last several weeks. He has been shooting the XP1 in New Orleans this weekend (between cigars, beer and binets). Expecting some great posts from him as soon as he gets to a computer.

R

Sapphie

Would it be practical to use the X-Pro 1 as a square format camera with the CV12 lens? if you shoot in 1:1 format with the CV12 or other non-Fuji lens (via an adapter), will the the EVF show square frame lines? :confused:
I had missed the fact that the X-Pro 1 offers square format - really good feature. You get square frame lines in the OVF (though I don't know how accurate they would be) and the EVF shows a square. Can't say for non native lenses, though I imagine the EVF at least would show a square. Maybe somebody could confirm

This and the 16x9 format aspect ratios do not apply to RAW, though if you shoot RAW+JPEG you will see the changes in the VF.

Lee

Terry

I succumbed. It was only a matter of time. I picked up the camera this afternoon and after charging the battery, headed to the North Shore to catch sunset.

The first two shots are A-A (auto). I thought it would be a little smarter; f/16, 1/1200, 800 ISO.

R
Congrats - another one bites the dust :grin:

I'm thinking when you put it on auto maybe the DR was on and it was boosting the ISO to deal with the DR. DR400 requires ISO 800. ISO, the could have at least used a shutter of 1/2400 or 1/3000 and brought the aperture down a stop or so.tough scene not to blow out.