The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Rich M

Great shots everyone. A couple from me today with the 18mm, processed in RPP (with some sharpening added in LR). 1st one was using the K64 film simulation, the 2nd one using the RPP Velvia simulation, which is probably a little over the top!

Lee
Lee.......this has an idyllic feel to it.......very nice.

R

Rich M

It may not be the classic "Zeiss pop".....but I'll take it. :)

ZM18

It's interesting......no sharpening in RPP or in LR4, but it certainly looks like sharpening was applied. Is it the lens?

R

m_driscoll

Today, was my first time out with my XPro-1. I shot this morning with only RAW output. Now, I'll have to figure out SilkyPix to see those. :(

Photos below were jpegs taken this evening.

XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 1600

XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/180s @ f/2.4; ISO 200

XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/180s @ f/2.4; ISO 200

XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/220s @ f/3.6; ISO 200

XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/11; ISO 360

XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 200

XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll,zenfolio.com

Nice shooting everyone.
Lots of excellent photos since I last posted.
XP1 autofocus could not keep up with ballerinas at rehearsal, but did fine in low light "no action" shots.
Here are a few.

35 f/1/4 iso 1600

35 f/1/4 iso 1600

35 f/2.5 iso 3200

Rich M

Today, was my first time out with my XPro-1. I shot this morning with only RAW output. Now, I'll have to figure out SilkyPix to see those. :(

Photos below were jpegs taken this evening.

XPro-1; 60mm f/2.4; 1/90s @ f/8; ISO 1600
Matt......I like the reflections in this one....

R

Terry

Nice shooting everyone.
Lots of excellent photos since I last posted.
XP1 autofocus could not keep up with ballerinas at rehearsal, but did fine in low light "no action" shots.
Here are a few.
These look really good. You did capture moments. What would have happened in you pre focused at that distance and switched over to manual focus? Think you could get action at all?

Last edited:
These look really good. You did capture moments. What would have happened in you pre fouled at that distance and switched over to manual focus? Think you could get action at all?
Thanks Terry.
I often zone focus for street shooting, but I wanted to see if autofocus worked here.
Surprisingly, the camera did autofocus on the subject about half the time, it just took too long so there was no way to capture the moment.
Your suggestion will more likely capture the moment, but I will have to improve my manual focus skills for it to work.

scho

It may not be the classic "Zeiss pop".....but I'll take it. :)

ZM18

It's interesting......no sharpening in RPP or in LR4, but it certainly looks like sharpening was applied. Is it the lens?

R
Very nice Rich. That ZM18 is working well for you.

Shashin

Nice shooting everyone.
35 f/2.5 iso 3200
The one-legged ballerina is rather disconcerting. I hope the other girls are not mean to her.

Can you separate the AF from the shutter button and put on another button? I can put AF on the AFL button on my E-P1 and not on the shutter button so I can focus at one point and then simply take pictures without having the AF hunt all the time. So the AEL button is like a manual-focus button and I can then take images fairly quickly at that focus point.

Can you separate the AF from the shutter button and put on another button? I can put AF on the AFL button on my E-P1 and not on the shutter button so I can focus at one point and then simply take pictures without having the AF hunt all the time. So the AEL button is like a manual-focus button and I can then take images fairly quickly at that focus point.
Yes, I do separate the AF from the shutter button. Problem is movement is much too quick. I knew it would not work, but still worth a try.

scho

A waterfront walk today with the XP1+CV 28mm f1.9 ASPH. This is one of the few M mount 28s that does not give smeared edges and corners. All from raw in RPP.

Bokeh is also not too bad for a 28 (at f/2.8 below):

Last edited:

Bigkidneys

My daughter had her 8th grade dance this past Saturday. A few snaps before dinner with the 35.

Last edited: